The Art of Natural Dressage

Working with the Horse's Initiative
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:29 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: meeting in the UK
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:17 pm 

Hi all,

We are back from holiday in the UK. It was very nice. Lovely weather :) yes that is possible even in England :D
We had only 2 days with some rain and wind it feels a bit cold, but who care's ? two days in two and half week.
It did not bothered us, we sat in the car at those times and still we could do what we wanted to do. It were showers so between them we could walk.

We have had a very nice visit by Eileen. Wow..she got a super place to live. What a nice farm she bought. And so beautyfull and peacefull. Up a nice hill with trees around it and fresh green grass.
They had and enormous job to make it to a paradise. (still have) And the horses live as queens.
Such a big stable for each horse and nice padocks and green fields ofcourse. Everthing was so great.

Why does she live there and not we hahahha...joking Eileen....you know ;)
It is a extreem nice place to held a Josepha clinic. So Jos and Ralph if you go you have a great time over there a good place to sleep.
You get some feelings to be in spain when you are there. Cute horses and an even cuter pony....
yes i still prefer ponys 8)
This cutie show us his spanish walk in his stable. He is feeling much better then when he arrived by Eileen. Each day he is growing and feel better. So his play time feelings come back again those are good signs to get healthy again.

Eileens herd is very nice and sweet, they have to know their surrounding better before they feel comfortable but it is going better she said. They have to train their mountainn muscles. :funny: i understand it very well. I know that i have them too.
oh man...still hurts :sad: We are not used to walk up and down hill and we must do that every day in England.
We have walked even up the Snowdon...wow thats hard :yes:
The Snowdon is the highes mountain in England and each day there going hundreds of people going up and down, that day it was good weather it looks like High street in London. The little train was fully booked so we had to walk also :sad:
why crisis??? you had to pay very much and it was fully bookt for the whole weekend....strange people....

I have also visit Henri in Brecon who makes the saddlechariots. It was nice to meet him and see his farm and horses.
I hope he have a good whole horse weekend next week with lots of visitors.

Sorry Sue we did not vissit you, i did not have your phonenumber forgotten to ask, stupid me, so i did not if you were home. And we would not take the risk to miss you. So no hugs with the big ones :sad:
next time we will visit your place for sure. The peak district is very beautyfull so we will come back sometime.

so the UK have stolen my heart again...
now back home answers all the emails do some shoping and work is calling again....i ve got still a few day's left.
dreaming were to go next year :D

sorry no pics of Eileens place. The horses were still sleeping and one was outside. So that give not the best pics, they deserve good pics not dark ones ;) so Ralph a new challange you can make very nice pictures over there with the right sunlight. You will see it by yourself i hope in september.

Post subject: Re: meeting in the UK
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:55 pm 

One word for you, Inge:

Envy.

:green:
;)

:f: Leigh

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:42 pm 

inge wrote:
We have had a very nice visit by Eileen. Wow..she got a super place to live. What a nice farm she bought. And so beautyfull and peacefull. Up a nice hill with trees around it and fresh green grass.
They had and enormous job to make it to a paradise. (still have) And the horses live as queens.
Such a big stable for each horse and nice padocks and green fields ofcourse. Everthing was so great.

It was lovely to meet you both Inge, we all enjoyed your company very much. The horses like the idea of being Kings and Queens with me as their loyal servant. :) :) :) We like to think of it as our little bit of paradise away from the crazy upside down world we live in. When we started to build the stables the locals thought they were bungalows due to the size, the horses do love them.

inge wrote:
Why does she live there and not we hahahha...joking Eileen....you know ;)
It is a extreem nice place to held a Josepha clinic. So Jos and Ralph if you go you have a great time over there a good place to sleep.
You get some feelings to be in spain when you are there. Cute horses and an even cuter pony....
yes i still prefer ponys 8)
This cutie show us his spanish walk in his stable. He is feeling much better then when he arrived by Eileen. Each day he is growing and feel better. So his play time feelings come back again those are good signs to get healthy again.

Eileens herd is very nice and sweet, they have to know their surrounding better before they feel comfortable but it is going better she said. They have to train their mountainn muscles. :funny: i understand it very well. I know that i have them too.
oh man...still hurts :sad: We are not used to walk up and down hill and we must do that every day in England.

The cutie is doing really well hard to believe he could not stand a few months ago, he really enjoyed showing you his Spanish walk. Today he decided to run around the arena bucking several times soo!!!! good to see, the others are building up their mountain muscles and will soon be very fit.

inge wrote:
sorry no pics of Eileens place. The horses were still sleeping and one was outside. So that give not the best pics, they deserve good pics not dark ones ;) so Ralph a new challange you can make very nice pictures over there with the right sunlight. You will see it by yourself i hope in september.

Yes the horses like to sleep miday the English one's have picked it up from the Spanish horses.

Stay longer next time, and Ralph and Josepha hope to see you in September.

Eileen

Cherokee Saying

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:39 pm 

yeah i would love to stay longer...but you have met my husband. He likes horses but not to long :green:
He keeps watching the time when we talked :funny: :funny: :funny:
We have an agreement made together a bit horses and a bit of 4x4 driving on our holidays. We had already visit Henri, so again horses get a bit to much for him :razz:
And we did not wanted to take more of your time because we did not said when we were comming to you....but...you have a nice campsite so next time we will stay one night over when it is finished in all details ;)

yes bucking in the arena he is getting better jippie :cheers:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:41 am 

Really pleased you managed to visit Eileen and her beautiful Derbyshire.
I think it is great that the forum allowed you to meet up and chat, however briefly, what a lovely way to make friends AND is.

Snowdon, North Wales, when you are used to a flat Country must be quite a challenge.

Yes I am going to Brecon this weekend, camping overnight with my friend Sue, her now 6 year old daughter and a 10 year old friend. Doubt we shall sleep.

http://www.mediawebz.co.uk/emwuk.org.uk ... -2010.html

So Simon has Henri pony back now? Wonder if Obama will be there too?
I noticed the John Jones training auction. John is kind, respectful, consistant and has many decades experience. When Kelly Marks began her Intelligent Horsemanship marketing approach, John became listed under her banner and became better known, although he varies slightly in style and is quite a lot older than Kelly. http://www.horselistener.co.uk/

It will be great to see Jenni Nellist and Adam Shereston and I shall find out more about the USA lady, Katherine Chrisley, as well as enjoy a beer with Simon the saddlecharriot.

Inge, I live in hill country on the Suckley Hills, part of the chain of the Malvern Hills, Edward Elgar country.
Somehow over the past 20 years I think the incline on our field banks has become steeper, or is that age related?
Glad you managed to balance horses and 4x4, bet you all had a great time. xx

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:13 pm 

have funn there...i am yealous :yes:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:58 pm 

You met Nick who owns Rowanoak, the venue for the weekend. Simon did do demo's with Obama and show how the saddle charriot works.
Demo's from Jenni and Adam were very good, the USA lady Katherine had cancelled.
Rowanoak horses appeared poorly cared for, dreadful hoof condition, some may not have been trimmed in six months, one pasture had approx 30 horses with one water trough, very tough if a horse is low status in the herd.
Rowanoak talk the talk but do not walk the walk, disappointed.
Lovely social event and plenty of thought from the people who generously gave up their time to give demonstrations and share their knowledge and experience. xx

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:32 pm 

i have not seen the big herd, only the stallion he was close by the fence.
Sadly to hear that the hoof care is poor. The place is so wonderfull there. So quiet and low hills. Lots of flowers.
That so close to the city or village.
Great to hear that the demos were good. Some recomandations for any website?? or thoughts??
Always curious and wanted to learn new things

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:17 pm 

I just suggested some websites to KatieB in her topic 'why use a cordeo' viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3346

and http://www.adamshereston.com

http://www.thepenzancehorse.com/ lots of top information here

http://www.horsecourses.net/ excellent information here

http://www.barefoottrim.com/

http://www.barefoothorse.com/

http://www.spanishdressagehorses.com/en ... ection.php
she uses bits but offers some good physical tips for riding.

http://www.equinebreathing.com/How%20it%20works.htm

More than enough for you to translate and stay busy. xx

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:48 am 

:funny: :funny: funny girl :funny: :funny: next view months full of reading....

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:44 pm 

You only have to fit in work, husband, children, bitloosen, 4x4 fun and horses, plenty of time to read.
Here is a Shire Horse picture for you, with love from Arthur, he might meet up with you another year. xx

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:38 pm 

oh dear he is so sweet :love: i hate that i missed you and the horses ofcourse.
But it give an other reason to go back to england. :yes:
:funny: you say plenty of time :funny: i see only 24 ours, need dubble of it :funny: you forget i need some sleeptime too :yawn:
here some pics of our holiday http://picasaweb.google.nl/111249742270551041803/EngelandVoorWebsite#
we saw a lovely sweet blue eyes filly i wanna have :love:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:23 pm 

Inge, your photographs are stunning, beautiful, really good quality.
The Carriage House Inn is North England, MANCHESTER ROAD Marsden, HUDDERSFIELD, HD7 6NL
Located in an area of designated outstanding beauty on the Marsden Moor. Two miles from Marsden village home of the Standedge Tunnel (longest canal tunnel in Britain ). Only 500 meters from the Pennine Way. Close to Saddleworth and Oldham. Country Inn and Restaurant with beautiful stylish en-suite rooms. All the rooms have stunning moorland views.

Some of the pictures were moorland. Is this also where the canal photo's with Horse and Barge were taken?

Ducks appear to live in Bourton-on-the Water or somewhere Gloucestershire direction.
Black and White village could be anywhere near me, Ledbury, Leominster, Pembridge, Eardisland etc.

Red Kite flying is definately Welsh, near to where my Daniel pony was born. I see them often when I cross the Welsh border.
Many of the wonderful photo's were Wales, NOT England, much more Black Mountains and Brecon Beacons.

I wonder if your filly is near to Talgarth, Brecon because Daniel's mother lives there and will probably have a foal. I wonder if this is the same farm? Near to the pyramid mountain Mynydd Troed?
For google maps I put the address so you can see the satellite or aerial view.
Preggy Fold Pengenffordd, Talgarth, Brecon, LD3 0ES
These are a few web photo's showing Pengenffordd.
http://www.geograph.org.uk/search.php?i=13594747
I am asking because Danny has two blue eyes.

ImageImage

his five foals were all coloured but none of his children have his eyes.
(2nd picture is when he had just started on daily linseed in his feedsand his cider vinegar/pig oil sponge wipes to keep sweet-itch from becoming a problem.

Loved your pictures, you really did have a fabulous holiday, I hope the children had as much fun as their Mum and Dad. xx

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:58 pm 

PiePony wrote:
Inge, your photographs are stunning, beautiful, really good quality.
The Carriage House Inn is North England, MANCHESTER ROAD Marsden, HUDDERSFIELD, HD7 6NL
Located in an area of designated outstanding beauty on the Marsden Moor. Two miles from Marsden village home of the Standedge Tunnel (longest canal tunnel in Britain ). Only 500 meters from the Pennine Way. Close to Saddleworth and Oldham. Country Inn and Restaurant with beautiful stylish en-suite rooms. All the rooms have stunning moorland views.

yep we have walked over there and were tired so we slept behind the pub next to the pule hill, we have stand on it and loved the view. That evening there was a old car rally so my husband have had a nice time. Although the place to sleep was not that nice, a bit noisy :-) We have seen the tunnel ofcourse and visit the museum of the making of the tunnel.

Quote:
Some of the pictures were moorland. Is this also where the canal photo's with Horse and Barge were taken?

this was in llangolen in Wales (sorry if i wrote the name wrong, my wales is not that good :green:

Quote:
Ducks appear to live in Bourton-on-the Water or somewhere Gloucestershire direction.
Black and White village could be anywhere near me, Ledbury, Leominster, Pembridge, Eardisland etc.

your good!!! :applause: exactly right, Bourton-on-the Water at the campsite "carp farm"
And the black and white village was Ledbury.

Quote:
Red Kite flying is definately Welsh, near to where my Daniel pony was born. I see them often when I cross the Welsh border.
Many of the wonderful photo's were Wales, NOT England, much more Black Mountains and Brecon Beacons.

We have visit the Red Kite Station, they feed them over there and give people information about how to protect them and so on.
We have seen about 60 birds i think, to many to count.

Quote:
I wonder if your filly is near to Talgarth, Brecon because Daniel's mother lives there and will probably have a foal. I wonder if this is the same farm? Near to the pyramid mountain Mynydd Troed?
For google maps I put the address so you can see the satellite or aerial view.
Preggy Fold Pengenffordd, Talgarth, Brecon, LD3 0ES
These are a few web photo's showing Pengenffordd.
http://www.geograph.org.uk/search.php?i=13594747
I am asking because Danny has two blue eyes.

Nope not there. This picture was taken by Davies monument somewere along the A4069 there are welshponys walking around in a semi wild surrounding. We saw them by accident, we were walking...yes again walking hihi we are the same as the English people :funny:
And i loved the blue eyes, because you dont see them often and sertenly not two blue eyes. If i have the place and money i had bought the pony ;) Was cute even mom :love:
My husband say you can see the monument on google earth...

This ponys were much smaller then yours and i even think that this was not a pure welshy.

Quote:
Loved your pictures, you really did have a fabulous holiday, I hope the children had as much fun as their Mum and Dad. xx

Sorry sorry sorry i forget that you (mean all the people in the UK) are so precisely about if you are english welsh or scotisch sorry sorry about that...
Even in the pub talking about soccer, people said who cares if England win or loose?? i dont care i am Welsh :green:

The pics you have seen are only a view of them, i had make about 390 pics. To much to place them all in the web album ;)
The ones who looks like the moors and so on are somewere in Wales, near some resevoirs and taken along some roads who are not standing on a regular altlas, you can find them only on a OS map. And also black mountains, the Brecons and the Snowdon.
i did not have realy sorted them out yet. This was for my family to let them know we are back again and they can see what we have seen. i need some more evenings to select them and give them the right names.

We have been visit Talgarth too, bought some bread ;) |Does your horse come from that farm?
ps we dont have kids, just my husband and me. yes we have had a wonderfull time.

hahaha next time i will send you other pics so you can guess were they are taken. you are wonderfull good in reconise pictures and places. i am impressed :yes:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:26 am 

Ledbury is 12 miles from me, it is where Daniel's last foal, now a 2 year old lives with my friend Sue.
I thought there were children with you in photo's of 4x4 last year, and I thought they were yours.

Black Mountains and Brecons I am familiar with, and Elan Valley. My childhood holidays were spent mid to north Walses near the Clwydog dam, actually before it was built and there was a resevoir.

I expect the Tourist Boards would be interested in some of your pictures. You own copyright of your photographs, magazines pay for using one time only, so the same photo can be sold over a period of time to several magazines.
My own photo's are not of high grade many pixels and would look grainy on photo paper.
This is just one website who offer photo's for sale, but you could do this direct through your own website.
http://www.localfoto.co.uk/index.php
I do not know how you cover some of the picture with C for copyrighted or Specimen, but it is probably on a computer photo editing programme.
Really Inge, your photo's are good, they may pay for some or all of your holiday. xx

P.S.
Quote:
Sorry sorry sorry i forget that you (mean all the people in the UK) are so precisely about if you are english welsh or scotisch sorry sorry about that...

Europeans must be all the same on the Continent! :kiss: :funny: