The Art of Natural Dressage

Working with the Horse's Initiative
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:55 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:36 pm 

Know what you are saying Bianca...

No I will have to come to your place one day haha... No really I would love to.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:57 pm 

Hello girls,

I will be thinking of you all.
I am sure you will have a great time!
Still remember last year's gathering and how much good energy it gave me for weeks after!

Enjoy!

:love:

AnneMarie

------
You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make'em drink...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:17 am 

on my way to Netherlands, having slept 2.5 hours (my flight is at 5am) I might be a bit slow today :) so bear with me :green: I did get the Estonian liquer and Estonian chocolate - I am guessing some of us will be sleeping tight tonite :D cant wait to meet u all!

Lidia :f:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:52 am 
Site Admin

I am leaving now - see you all this evening!! :cheer: :kiss: :f:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:23 pm 

:love: :love: :love: :love: was SO great meeting all of you!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:48 am 
Site Admin

I just arrived in the office after having had a very long (and necessary!) night sleep in the train.

Thank you all so much, it was wonderful again! I will write a little report later for those who had to stay at home, just have to get some work done, build a new pasture fence for the horses and then see how my stepgrandaunt is doing (and then get some more sleep).

Bianca, can you please give Impie a big, big hug? :kiss:

I am so looking forward to seeing you (Josepha, Bianca, Barbara, Ralph and the animals) in September! :f:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:12 am 

I came home and Beau was so happy to see me, I have learned so much again, just interacting with other horses and Beau seems to be happy with it :)
I miss everyone already... I love those meetings...
Big hugs to all of you(especially our teaching-horses)

and Romy I am so looking forward to september too!

:kiss:

My horse is a beautiful living sculpture

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:43 am 

What is happening in September?
When and where?

AnneMarie

------

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:42 am 
Site Admin

So here is the report that I promised. :smile:

It was a rather small meeting this year. Except for Lidia we all had already met last year, so contrary to last year we already knew a lot about how the others were working with horses in general, we had seen each other play with the horses and so all the urgent questions already seemed to be answered. In that way this time we could talk things through in more detail, but we also spent much more time just fooling around with the horses instead of working on specific things. This year I think I did not do anything new or difficult with Impie, but it was so lovely to just be with her. So whereas I liked last year’s big meeting with a rather work-and-learn-like atmosphere a lot, I also very much enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere of this year.

One of the things I really loved was going for walks with the two Spanish ladies. I had the privilege of walking with Impie the little angel and we mainly worked on getting and keeping each other’s attention. This was because I really don’t feel safe when I am outside with a horse and not have a chance of getting his attention in a dangerous situation. But also for non-dangerous situations it’s nice to look at the horse or slightly change the way you move and have him attend to you or mimic you. So what I did was rewarding her for being attentive and she was so good at it. I never thought she would be able to stay focused (or constantly refocus) for so long, but she did. What a wonderful horse!

I also thought it was very interesting to see Bianca interact with Evita outside. What I liked most was that whenever she had a disagreement with Evita, it never seemed like she was clarifying the roles but only the rules: I never got the impression that she was trying to “become the leader” but really only tell Evita that this was not the way things were being done. :clap: And I so loved to see how when Bianca relaxed, Evita suddenly became much more relaxed as well.

Another very interesting thing was watching Lidia play with Evita and Impie, and how the change in her behavior towards them influenced their reaction. It seemed like the more she let go of her expectations, the more playful the horses got and in the end they were enjoying themselves very much and it was so much fun to watch. Great job, Lidia!

The great thing about small meetings is that you have much more time to talk. Last year there were lots of small conversations, but this year I finally had some more time with Bianca, which I enjoyed very, very much. I am so in awe of her ability to take the other one’s perspective and listen to what he is saying even when he is coming from a different point. I am ever so thankful for her trust in me to let me play with Imperia and I have no idea how I deserved such a friend. :kiss:

On Sunday we were visiting Josepha and it was raining all day, so we could not play with the horses. But it was very nice to see the Don again and even though we did not play, I sneaked out now and then and gave him some cookies from the table. :blush: :funny:

I had way too little time to talk to Josepha, so I am especially happy that we will have more time in September.

Thank you all ever so much for this wonderful meeting, as you already know you are invited to come to my place any time and I am already looking forward to next year’s summer meeting! :f:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:06 pm 

I loved the talks and discussions we had, I really love to think about the why and hows of things.
Bianca, you are always welcome to visit! Just an hour drive ;) my house is just not as nice as yours :blush:

My horse is a beautiful living sculpture

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:12 pm 
Site Admin

AMA wrote:
What is happening in September?
When and where?

www.taonara.com

;)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:05 pm 

Thanks Josepha.

Unfortunately not when I am in Belgium...
(But I will only be there for 1,5 day, so it would have been difficult).

Success!

AnneMarie

------

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:37 pm 

Hmm, i must have been looking a bit weird... but I still can't find what's happening? :blush:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:22 am 

Look in 'cursussen' - september:
Sunday 12 september at 11.30am
Body language between horse & human with Romy.

AnneMarie

------

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:41 am 

Thank you... hmm.... I'm gonna take a look in my schedule :funny: