The Art of Natural Dressage

Working with the Horse's Initiative
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:14 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:20 pm 
Site Admin

It is set: Donald Redux will be organising seminars and clinics for western USA!!!

Planned for late summer 2010

So, if you want to attend and learn Natural Academic Riding Art with me next to you on the ground... this is it :)

Looking forward to meet you and of course your horses!

Warm regards,

Josepha

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:54 pm 

ow lucky you you can see altea in real and little bonnie ofcourse ;)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 3:03 pm 

I wonder, Inge, if Bonnie will still be so little :D But great indeed

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:47 pm 

hmm i dont think so...i saw the latest photos in donals diary...she is getting big soon

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:13 pm 

How I am just noticing this?

This is SO cool, Josepha! I'm going to try my best to get up there (the problem with the West Coast of the US is that all of the distances are ridiculously huge...) -- but this is a heck of a lot closer than Europe!

:applause:
Leigh

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:52 am 

I too would love to attend. We may plan a trip out West next year so I'll make sure to be there if we do (hesitant about leaving the horses with someone else :sad: )
Jocelyne

P.S. would love to meet Donald and everyone from AND forum

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:16 am 

Oh Jocelyne, that sounds so wonderful. I do hope you can do it. If you book ahead a bit accomodations aren't very expensive in my area. Everything from tiny old fashion motor court cabins, to the usual motor inns to palatial high end resort hotels.

And of course if you like to camp out, I know an old timer, his horses, and wife, and could put in a good word for you. :funny: They've got a nice little place in the mountains.

Anyone that wants to travel with horses we could arrange (as long as you have a current negative "Coggins") to put you at the local barn. It's not expensive either. If I've finished some more of my construction I might be able to put up one or two compatible horses.

This is a fabulous vacation destination as well. Riverboat cruises, the old fashioned stern wheeler type, very interesting places to visit, great museums, especially about the great Missoula Floods that carved out the Columbia gorge and other massive landscape changes -- if you are into geology. Mt. Hood, a year around ski resort. And in my back yard the blown top volcano, Mt St. Helens. Which, by the way, I got to see personally while it was erupting.

I sound like the local Visitor's Bureau. But truly, this is really a neat area. Just the river and the gorge alone are worth the trip.

Donald

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:28 pm 

Hello Donald,

I won't be travelling with my horses but I would love to watch.

By the way, any fishing (for my boyfriend ;)
Jocelyne

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:44 pm 

horsefever wrote:
Hello Donald,

I won't be travelling with my horses but I would love to watch.

By the way, any fishing (for my boyfriend ;)
Jocelyne

Yours may be the same situation as many others. I hope people don't hold back because they don't have their horses with them. I suspect, if asked, I'll make Altea, and likely Bonnie as well, available for Josepha to work with if she feels the need to have a horse at hand during seminars and instructions.

I live within a mile of one of the top (It's claimed to be the best one in the world, actually) Salmon fishing rivers. Chinook run here. I think they also have a Steelhead run as well. But if not, there are rivers and streams all up and down the Columbia Gorge with runs. The White Salmon, The Little White Salmon, and many more famous rivers for fishing. Also trout fishing in the upper streams and lakes on the Gifford Pinchot forest, my back yard, literally.

If he's not interested in salmon their are other fishing opportunities. The Columbia has a very large population of the very prehistoric looking Sturgeon. Some are so big by law you must return them unharmed back to the river for breeding stock. Think six to eight feet long. And more. They cluster below the dams and on the inside of the broad reaches and there they really git big. Really really big.

There are bass and related warmer water fish in side ponds from the Columbia as well.

I'm not a fisherman myself, my family sort of burned me out on it as a kid. They never took any other kind of vacation away from home. It was always fishing. Stream, lake, river, even deep sea fishing in the end as finally my dad built a big cruiser so he and mom could almost live on the water. Fun, but no longer a novelty for me.

Mmmm...I think the answer to your question is "yes."

Donald

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:01 pm 

ha good food
loveley salmon on a wood fire.... jumy....

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:08 pm 

I of course am happy to help and will plan to take pictures. I think Don and I can manage to work together :friends:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:31 pm 

I'll keep you posted. Would also looovvve to meet all the AND members living out West (would be fun "a big "artificial" campfire in your back yard would be amusing :applause:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:52 pm 

inge wrote:
ha good food
loveley salmon on a wood fire.... jumy....

Interesting thought. And that triggers another thought.

If any AND members from other countries, more remote than Canada of course, ;) happen to be visiting the U.S., and travel through the West why not coordinate it with the Clinic?

Anyone flying in through PDX (Portland international airport) will find that renting a car puts them within forty-five miles (73 km) of us. A pleasant hour drive through beautiful country. Lots of destination accommodations in the area in all price ranges. Tons of things to do, as I mentioned in an earlier post, and of course, a chance too to be with Josepha and Ralph.

Donald

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:58 pm 

horsefever wrote:
I'll keep you posted. Would also looovvve to meet all the AND members living out West (would be fun "a big "artificial" campfire in your back yard would be amusing :applause:

Ah yea, you know about the weather. I live in a large matchbox. Millions of acres of evergreen forests, with August being, usually, the hottest and driest of all months here.

However, I have a large deck, with a patio alongside, and on that deck a fire pit, two in fact, where we can roast things -- some for vegetarians, and some for the carnivores among us. The fire pit we can gather around too.

Now as to that big artificial campfire, Jocelyn, just how does one make one of those?

I'm certainly looking forward to this event. Still over a year away, yet I know that year is going to go all too fast. Can hardly wait.

Bonnie will be a year and a half old. She loves people already. My big red neck neighbor came to discuss some land clearing with me, and Bonnie ran over to him and nuzzled his hand. Later at the local market he cornered Kate and went on and on about how wonderful that was and what wonderful work we must be doing with her (he's a long time horse owner, very traditional of course).

I'll tell Bonnie to look forward to seeing some AND folks next year.

Donald

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:05 am 

That would be entirely awesome! I'm pretty far away, like the Midwest, but would SOOOO love to come. I might have to. I mean, Josepha is coming from Europe, I can come from Indiana right? :) It would be tax deductible for my business, so "pratically free" as my insane mother would say. :yes:

Josepha, if you'd like a to have a clinic in Podunk, Indiana and see the flat corn loving half of the US I could definately help with that too. :yes:

If you talk to the animals they will talk with you and you will know each other. If you do not talk to them you will not know them and what you do not know, you will fear. What one fears, one destroys.