The Art of Natural Dressage

Working with the Horse's Initiative
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:35 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:42 pm 

This is to all of you who are giving clinics (Josepha, Miriam, Romy....?):
Could anybody of you imagine to come to my village in South Germany/Black Forest (near Freiburg) to give a clinic in Spring or Sommer?

If yes: How many people should take part, what would it cost (including travel and lodging), what facilities would you need....?

I'm shure I would find at least 4-6 participants, all of them interested in "alternative" ways, some of them with experince in AND-style training, some of them more new to it.

Thank you very much

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:52 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Franziska,

I would really recommend Miriam for a groundwork clinic if there is any chance to persuade her, because she is just such a fantastic teacher. If for some reason she can not come, I can come if you want to. But first try to get Miriam, she has so much to offer! :)

Warm Regards,
Romy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:53 pm 
Site Admin

If it is riding AND you want I would be very pleased to be of assistence. :)
info here: www.josepha.info

If indeed you want purely groundwork AND, I too would suggest Miriam 8)

Bianca too starts teaching this year and we are honoured that she starts here first clinic at our Academy :)

Is it not close for you, Romy?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:12 am 
Site Admin

Josepha wrote:
Is it not close for you, Romy?

Not really. I think it´s about a seven hours drive. But it is closer than South Africa was for you ;), so if I can be of assistance, I will be pleased to do it.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:17 am 
Site Admin

@ Romy, ha ha ! there you go :)

Well, I think it best to see what sort of clinic you want exactly as each has his own specialities so to speak :)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:31 pm 

Hi Romy and Josepha,

thanks a lot for your quick and positive response!

Originally I mainly thought about a ground work seminar but the Idea of a riding clinic also sounds interesting... What I heard and read about your clinic in SA, Josepha, you seem to be very open to riders of all grades and seem to be able to help everybody in anyway. So this would be possibly interesting for many of the riders I know here that are not "ripe" for an genuine AND-Groundwork-Seminar. Perhaps I should talk with the other interested parties first about their preferences.

For myself it's like this: I would be grateful for hints and advise about my groundwork and tips how to go on and what to do next. But also I would be very greatful for help how to transfer the groundwork on the back on the horse (At the moment I sit on his back (without bridle but with cordeo) and my main problem is to make Filux walk at all (backwards and sidways is possible, forwards we don't come far...)...

What I also would appreciate would be a theoretical part with an introduction into the AND-philosophy.

Could you perhaps say something about the round costs so that I can tell the interested parties something about that point when I ask around who would participate and what their preferences are?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:43 pm 
Site Admin

could you then please e-mail me thru http://www.josepha.info?

I give theory by powerpoint in the morning about the biomechanics of the horse and the 5 step plan which I am writing out here:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2019
So everyone can find it back :)

Then lunch is ussually a good idea.

In the afternoon I train each combination - in turn- in biomechanical dressage (AND Riding). Preferable with cordeo, bitless bridle our both. People who are interested in this but persist on riding with a bit can also ride if they want to. I shall add the cordeo and in 10 minutes they ussually understand that they do not need a bit, or better, the bit gets in their way :)

Of course you can have as much auditors as you like, maybe charge them so you can retrieve part of your own participation :)

If so desired, I can give a small demo of groundwork after Ecuyer De Pluvinel with cavesson or the start of AND liberty groundwork gymnastisation.
I do this often.

But, when it is total liberty groundwork gymnastisation only (without riding or tack etc), I would indeed suggest Miriam, Romy or Bianca. :)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:48 pm 

Josepha - thank you for the info! I sent you an E-Mail