The Art of Natural Dressage

Working with the Horse's Initiative
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:19 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:12 pm 
Site Admin

Hi all! :)

Els has invited me for a clinic in the beginning of 2009. We are not sure yet what exactly we will do (I´d like to hear some more about the participants´ goals before I am making any plans), but I am sure it will be a lot of fun.

Just wanted to tell you... I will come back with some more information as soon as I know more.

Warm Regards,
Romy

As it has turned out, we will not do this as a clinic but as an AND meeting (probably with some mutual teaching though ;)), so I have edited the title and changed it form "clinic" to "meeting". :)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:03 am 
Site Admin

What a wonderful idea! You have to come over and play with Blacky and Sjors again too of course and if I'm able to, I'd love to be at the clinic as well. Sadly without ponies due to the lack of trailers ;), but I always learn so much from just watching and listening to others that I would like that as well.

Where will the clinic be located approximately?
Can't wait! :)

New horse book: Mandala horses!

Never stop making mistakes! Natural Dressage

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:41 am 

8)

Miriam, the clinic can be held at the stable where the horse of a friend of mine stands. It is in Zoetermeer. I do not have any more information right now, but as soon as I have I will post it here.

Looking forward to meeting you Romy!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 3:06 pm 
Site Admin

YEAH :applause: :applause: Romy back in the Netherlands!! :cheers: :clap: Hope you can come visit and I'll be in Zoetermeer for sure!!! :D

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:13 am 
Site Admin

Thanks very much!! And of course I will visit you, Bianca and Miriam. I am also looking forward to playing with your ponies again, especially Impie and Blacky. :)

Well, about the clinic: please don´t expect too much. Not only that I have never given a clinic before, I have also never attended one. Haha, I hope that it won´t turn out to be one big chaos. And I don´t know if I really have anything to teach... but if you still want to come, I am very happy about that of course. :smile:

Wouldn´t it be great if we could just set it up as a big play weekend? Not with me being the teacher, but us all playing together with the horses and learning from each other... like a study group. ;) Oh, I would love that! It would fit so much better with the way I prefer learning to look like. But maybe that is not how Els and her friends have imagined it to be? :green:

There also won´t be any costs for the participants by the way, except for maybe the price for renting the arena (Els?) and maybe half of my travel, but that depends on my financial situation in 2009 - if it will be a bit better, I can pay the whole travel myself.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:59 pm 

Indeed Romy, we thought about just the costs for the place we use. But this can go quite high, especially when there are not many people who join, so we are still looking what is the best way to do this. It is a beautiful stable.

I am not sure yet how many from outside the stable there can come to the clinic, so for everybody, just wait with planning or getting too excited, because it is just in the first phase of organizing ;)

But we'll do our best to make a great weekend of course!

Romy, it's indeed a play weekend where we can all inspire each other and learn from each other and you are just our guest star :D

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:12 pm 
Site Admin

If there are problems with the arena, what about doing it at Bianca´s place (only if she wants us to come of course ;))? Or is it too far away for your friend and her horse?

We can also do it in another way: I just visit Bianca and the others for a week or so and then we come over to your friend for one or two days... not like an official clinic, but simply as a visit - she probably won´t have to pay anything for the arena of her stable when she simply has some guests who observe her regular training, will she? In that way we would also have more time for her and her horse.

But I am open to any of your plans, so whatever you decide, I think it will become a great weekend! :smile:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:35 pm 
Site Admin

Ofcourse everyone is very welcome to come and stay at my place :D
It's a 1 3/4 hrs drive so not very nearby unfortunately! But there is the possibility to stay overnight at my place :green: and talk about 'taking over the world' :lol: all night http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=iJPFSNu_QNs

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:01 pm 

Romy wrote:
We can also do it in another way: I just visit Bianca and the others for a week or so and then we come over to your friend for one or two days... not like an official clinic, but simply as a visit - she probably won´t have to pay anything for the arena of her stable when she simply has some guests who observe her regular training, will she? In that way we would also have more time for her and her horse.

This is a good idea I think.

I'll write it here if there is more information.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:59 pm 
Site Admin

Good idea!

If only the paddock of the ponies would be dry by then, I would happily invite everbody over to our place as well so that they can also see and play with the ponies, but if it's as muddy and rainy as it is now, then only the real die-hards (in which I of course include Romy :rambo: ) would enjoy to mudwrestle like that... ;)

New horse book: Mandala horses!

Never stop making mistakes! Natural Dressage

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:44 pm 

ha a second and meeting???
i hope it is on a time when i am available no holiday or working ;)
it would be great to meet you Romy...
Els maybe we can travel together by then to Mirjam or Bianca?? we live pretty near eachother....

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:11 am 

:huh: it´s to far away for just a visit

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:42 am 
Site Admin

YES A SECOND MEETING :yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:36 pm 
Site Admin

Shall we announce it as that? With an email to all members and so on?

Then we will need a date - I would prefer something in spring. I don´t mind the cold, but it´s probably nicer when there is some sun and warmth. What about April?

Looking forward to it!! :) :) :)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:47 pm 

ohhh, I so hope that I will be able to come... although I just had a little taste of all the fun, I really had so much fun with you guys. I hope our house is ok by then so that I have some time to come over.

woehoe!!!!!! :cheers:

My horse is a beautiful living sculpture