The Art of Natural Dressage

Working with the Horse's Initiative
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:55 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:55 pm 
Site Admin

Well, no psycho cats today, but what a day! :shock: :D

I was really, really, really tired (and Bianca didn't look that fit either, she managed not to film half of the training sessions because she forgot to push the camera button 8) ), it was warm and therefore the ponies brains were slightly baked and weren't that playful... But it sure was a lot of fun to see all members and talk about horses the entire afternoon! :D

And Blacky and SJors actually did really well, and played with us for three hours, not only with me, but also with Romy. She did notice a lot of differences with how she played with Titum, but she got the hang of it quite soon and Blacky gave her a rear and even almost gave her a real terre a terre!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:50 pm 

I typed this long post and then the computer did a strange thing and everything was gone :(
but I found it such a great day, my mind still has to put everything in it's place but it was great to see all those different approaches.. Miriam seeing a lot of details and really being great in training her ponies with small aids and small reactions which really reflects on her ponies being focused. And Bianca being so energetic and just going with the flow resulting in beautiful things, and a lovely energetic reaction. And then talking to Romy made me realize that her method asks the horse to give her what he wants and then you just see the love Romy sends out that makes the horse want to offer more...
Dominique( is it right???) made me realize that dealing with other animals can give you great insights on horses...
And Petra with her beautiful horses has made me really interested in seeing more of her and her horses..

I wanted to talk so much more... but I'm really inspired now!!!!! so I already look forward to next year!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:05 pm 
Site Admin

IT WAS FANTASTIC and INSPIRING!!!!
There is so much to write.... where do I begin? I found it soooo great and moving meeting Petra and Romy and having them around for 3 days.. really really inspiring and I learned so much!!! Great teachers the two of you are... really makes me humble! And meeting Barbara on saturday was really great!! Very nice to learn what is going on also outside AND and what how you are involved with Beau!
And of course meeting Blacky and Sjors... finally!!! Miriam you are just the master on really fine tuning and having such perfect exercises and your pony's love it soooooooo much!!! They are really the cutest and most giving creatures on earth and they really set an example for their bigger family members :D Unbelievable they just kept on going with all the wonderful things like it was a piece of cake.

There is so much to tell but it really touched my heart my horses were so happy with having you all around! They couldn't decide to go with either Romy or Petra so luckily they are still here ;) They totally fell in love!!
It was also so special to have my great inspiration, my very wise sister Dominique being with us :D She promised she also will post on this forum, I'm looking forward to it!

And we did such ground breaking things.. discussed the new AND clothing prescription, initiation rituals :twisted: and the way to greet each other and our horses :bowdown: Whahahaha it was great fun and of course only to have a great laugh!!! :lol: :lol: Nope no cult rituals for us ;)

at Josepha and Ralph today we saw a really self confident O-master! and ate really really tasteful soup! Also Jamie and Ino did their best at stealing our hearts and succeeded! Nice that Samantha was also there with her bodyguards ;) It was just indescribable!!! Also the hundreds of people on the side of the bridges we crossed to get to Josepha... amazing that they were all there to get a glimpse of our famous Romy :D

THANK YOU ALL!!!

hope Petra and Romy had a good trip back home! Atreyu, Imperia, Evita and I are waiting at the fence to meet you again next year!!

Pictures and a video will follow !!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:57 am 
Site Admin

I just arrived at work now, I directly went there after a 13 hours travel, so I am a bit exhausted... but happy - it was such a wonderful weekend. :)

Such a pity though that we had too little time to make the film we had planned... we wanted to reveal the truth about AND. :twisted: There people could have seen for example that we are starting 2-year-old horses:

Imperia, ridden by a fish

Imperia is such a cutie and soooooo beautiful. If she fell in love, she is not the only one. ;) Bianca, please give her a carrot and a scratch for me and tell her that she can already practise soccer a bit more and then we will have a real match next year. :lol:

Also Evita and Bianca were so inspiring in their training. Bianca is such a cordial person and that totally shows in her training and in Evita´s reactions. I could have watched that for hours. Blacky and Sjors were also wonderful and Miriam´s systematic and still totally horse-centered way of training is a great inspiration as well. Thanks to the Ponies for being so nice and willing to play with me although I behaved so unnaturally and insecure, always being worried to make Miriam feel that I am ruining her horses. :lol: It was a pleasure to see how self-confident and happy Owen was and especially how much he was focused on Josepha. And Jamie... oh he is such a wonderful horse as well.

Thanks so much to all of you, especially Bianca for inviting us all to her place. It was so great to meet you!! I am very thankful to all of you for all the inspiring discussions, the fun we had and the warm atmosphere. I have never missed like-minded horse people here. Now I probably will. :) Oh, if we could just move Dresden a bit closer to Holland and Belgium...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:34 am 

First I greet the Master Owen :bowdown: and then all other horse Masters and their humans :bowdown:
Of course I'm still wearing my green burka I received in the initiation :twisted: :P
And without any joke: THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU ALL for the very FANTASTIC and INSPIRING weekend :!: :cheers: It was so good to be around you and the horses!
I learned a lot and really enjoyed all your company, friendship and humor :lol:
I promise I will start very soon with a diary and video's, since I have no choice (Miriam :twisted: :wink: ) but today it's raining...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:41 am 
Site Admin

Petra 27 wrote:
First I greet the Master Owen :bowdown: and then all other horse Masters and their humans :bowdown:

We really should have recorded and posted Ralph doing the chant. Hhhhhmmmmmmaaaa-hhhhmmmmmaaa. I still have to laugh when I think about that.

Oh, and what I forgot to write but what was one of the most important things for me: I so enjoyed the lovely, open and friendly atmosphere. It was a feeling as if we all had known each other for years already and I don´t get that feeling very often when I meet someone for the first time. I am delighted (hahaha, Dominique, I have seen the light).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:30 am 

HHHhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmaahh, the NEW light Romy isn't it?
We all were witnesses of the new light of grandma moon after covered by the darkness of the earth saturdaynight :o
Oh yes, I've also seen the light!!! :idea:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:59 am 

hihi I talked a bit too much about Parelli and after our great saturday I didn't even go to the course, I was too washed away and still in the AND mood :) so I only played with Beau :) funny actually! You guys were great, too bad I couldn't stay 2 days :) I wanted to see my boyfriend play soccer and he lost by 8-0 so I had better stayed with you guys because it wasn't very interesting what he did ;)

I really had a great friends-time :) although we had never really met before :)

big hug!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:55 pm 

hmm i am jealous :x was sitting on a boring party of my brother in law :twisted:
next time i will be there too!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:35 pm 

I can imagine you're jealous, my cheeks still hurt from laughing at this 3 day during party :lol:
I'm sorry I have to tell you Inge, it's not meant to make you jealous :(

I'm really exited because Bazargan has seen the light too! :idea:
I started a diary today where you can read about him and Sara 8) I'm proud and happy I can finally share it with you, you seemed to be my brother(s) and sisters this weekend!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:59 pm 
Site Admin

YEAH Petra!! I'm going to read that right away! So curious! Was it because you got your tattoo now and they saw it? :twisted: :D ;)

During my workday today :oops: I did a fast piece of editing the videos! :D
There was so much wonderful stuff, especially from Blacky and Sjors and I am sorry I had to cut so much beautiful things out to made it fit.. and it still didn't so there is a part one and two 8) and watching them I saw the rear of Owen and the nice fleming of Blacky and Sjors are not in it.. somehow... :?
And I missed filming the playing of Romy with Blacky, Sjors and Imperia :(
I will can put the full uncut versions on DVD for the attendees :D

Here is Part I
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IJ8HSKydfw

And Part II
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhCMkMT4xms

We unfortunately didn't have time to film the truth about AND :twisted: :lol: and all the laughs at the camp fire.. so everyone just have to be there next year to get the whole story :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:27 pm 

Now I'm really sure it'll be worth it if I can sort out a "World Tour - ANDer to ANDer" :lol:

That was just so inspiring and fun and warm and wonderful and ... AND!

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

:applause: :applause: :applause:

:kiss:

Words that soak into your ears are whispered...not yelled. Anon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:46 pm 

Oh I just so wish I could of come too :(

You all look like you had such a wondeful time, and the horses :D And the sun shone for you all....just wonderful.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:10 pm 

I am so jalous now! But I am also happy to see that you and the horses had a great time. Blacky and Sjors sometimes look so small in pictures, but when I see them move in these movies they suddenly look much bigger. Evita looks so playful and Imperia looks so sweet when she is cuddling with the people on the side of the arena. Owen looks wise and beautiful, as always, and he seems very concentrated on Josepha and the exercises. And I was happy to see Jamie in the end of the movie. I love his looks!

I'm am so excited when I see this. Can't wait for another meeting on a date when I can come!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:08 pm 

great video's. So nice to see how different people play with their horses huh pony's too :-)
one so easy calm and the other wild and playfull.
But every horse have fun to do it. Even with audience :-) just check if they have some cookies too..hahahaha..or check if the camera is working...so great.

i have a lot of work to do to get my little one such grazy as the little ones of mirjam. he is not so good as them. But he is more how do you say that...??
impatient...

nice nice...more more...hahahaha