The Art of Natural Dressage

Working with the Horse's Initiative
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:14 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 7 Next
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:27 pm 

Hi all, and thank you Josepha!
Im sorry, I dont have a venue at the moment. In the summer I could definitely organise something though. I hope we dont have to wait until then but we could do another in the summer no? :yes:
All the best
Colette

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:31 am 

Quote:
as long as it's not in August for that would be for the WEST US clinics

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:18 am 

ok, late spring might be nice? Would anyone be interested if I gave a talk about behaviour too?
Colette

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:00 pm 

Hi, yes I am still busy with the move, the house is a new build and quite a distance from civilization. Initially this creates problems as there is no electricity, gas, phones etc etc.. Electricity is sorted , gas is never going to happen and my new Rayburn wood burning stove that will run the heating should be arriving today. The BT line for the phone and internet is processing, the line has to come up a cable under the field so this is a real headache. Once this is sorted it is moving time for seven horses , dogs and cats including a feral colony and of course humans.
As four of the horses are already up there with my sister I am trying to split myself between two properties.

With ref to the AND clinic, I only received about five emails from people who wanted to come and only one would ride so I did not think there were enough people . Once we are settled at our new place we intend to run lots of courses and clinics and would hope to get local people interested this would add to the numbers.

Josepha you could fly to East Midlands for under £100 and as we would collect and redeliver you to the airport that is all the cost you would have. This would help to keep the cost of the clinic down and be affordable for more people once the move is complete I will do some research to see how many people in my area are interested in finding out more about AND. If you are happy to talk to non AND people and show them what we do then perhaps Colette and Suzie would sort clinics for the AND members. Because I am in Derbyshire and most members who showed an interest are down south then I fear no one would attend my clinic if closer options are available.

Hope this is to everyone's satisfaction

Best wishes
Eileen

Cherokee Saying

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:22 pm 
Site Admin

Take your time Eileen, gosh you’ve got your work cut out for you! Good luck! :ieks:
I know all about that by the way… :yes:

Quote:
With ref to the AND clinic, I only received about five emails from people who wanted to come and only one would ride so I did not think there were enough people . Once we are settled at our new place we intend to run lots of courses and clinics and would hope to get local people interested this would add to the numbers.

That would be best. What most of my clinic organisers do (and seems to work best) is set up a date(s), we put that up on various websites www.josepha.info, www.taonara.com, and other relevant websites like their own.
Then you could hang posters which we send to you at several stables etc. and send round e-mails.
Often when a clinic is up on www.josepha.info people from your area will mail you to ask to attend.

Quote:
Josepha you could fly to East Midlands for under £100 and as we would collect and redeliver you to the airport that is all the cost you would have. This would help to keep the cost of the clinic down and be affordable for more people once the move is complete I will do some research to see how many people in my area are interested in finding out more about

You know, that is actually less expensive then a 3 hour drive for a clinic in Holland, Belgium or Germany so, that would prove to be an affordable clinic :

Quote:
If you are happy to talk to non AND people and show them what we do then

ha ha ! I think there is a 1% AND member clinic rate. I am not used to give a clinic to an all pure AND audience… wouldn’t that be a treat ha ha !
No, by all means, it makes no difference to me whom I teach. For the riding though I usually call it Natural Academic Riding Art, as that says more what it is about. The riding and groundwork is mostly about biomechanics & instinct within the gymnasium for a healthy and happy (riding) horse.

So, when your settled, we can set a date if you like.
But indeed we could come to an other area as well, UK is not that far and cheaper to come by it seems then Holland by car. :yes:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:06 am 

Quote:
ok, late spring might be nice? Would anyone be interested if I gave a talk about behaviour too?
Colette

I know I have no proper facilities, but it would be a wonderful few days, either camping/caravans or Bed & Breakfast, if Adam's weekend could be extended to have Josepha teach, and anyone watching would surely hold and feel their own body postures to practice alongside?

To have a talk on behaviour would also be fabulous, and our field shelter did hold 70 people through a violent thunder storm last time we had a barbeque in the field, so straw bales to sit on, lanterns hung and a log camp fire, glass of water or other choices accepted.....
or I could hire the village hall 3 miles away for a low cost if there was higher number interest.
Costs do rule most peoples choices, mine too, although I am sure I read somewhere that fasting can be beneficial to health.

Kip who owns the neighbouring field has a couple of spare stables and a proper barn with electric lights, so it may be possible to pay her a small fee and board there, rather than free option bring your own electric fence in my field.
Her barn would also be a reasonable venue for a talk one evening, but I shall not sound her out if there is not much interest.
I have emailed a couple of committee members from local riding clubs, if any of their members want to come it might be a good way to promote the wonderful philosophy on the AND introductory pages.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:29 pm 

I received this email from Adam this morning, and emailed back to say that so far it is really only me for instruction. This may change nearer the date, but very luke warm with no enquiries for either a clinic with Adam or Josepha or both.
Adam will come to me anyway.

Quote:
Hi Susie,

I trust this finds you well? How are things going?

Just a quick email to see if you are still interested in holding a demo/clinc at your place next year, the dates that are best for me are Friday 18th, Sat 19th & Sun 20th June. I've attached an information sheet and poster. If this is possible, can you let me know so that I can pencil it in.

Look forward to hearing from you,

Best wishes,

Adam

Adam Shereston
www.adamshereston.com

Tel: 02082931103

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:39 pm 
Site Admin

@ Susie: I can't on those dates, my childhood friend is getting married and I am her maid of honour :) :love:

The weekend of June 26 is also full. Cloris is teaching a bitless and bridleless Garrocha clinic at TAONARA.

So the only thing I have left is the weekend of 5 and 6 or 12 and 13.
As I need to book more courses for TAONARA, can we set a date Eileen, please?

Josepha

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:06 pm 

Josepha, sorry the dates are wrong for you, but really good that you are in such demand.
You will be a beautiful Maid of Honour and lots of horses and riders will benefit from your clinics.
Eileen is quite a distance from me but I might manage to come as a spectator for a day, it would be nice to have a chance to meet.
I shall see if I have any enquiries or interest and perhaps arrange another time, after you have been to USA this year?
Love Susie xx

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:12 pm 
Site Admin

Yes please Susie :)

And at all of you, we have a date: June 5 and 6!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:07 pm 

Quote:
And at all of you, we have a date: June 5 and 6!!!!

Great :cheers: ! Is that at Eileen's or Susie's?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:18 pm 
Site Admin

Eileen's :)

And finally the English version of the TAONARA website is online!

www.taonara.com

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:02 pm 

ai
i am maybe lucky to be there too :-)
We are leaving (still the plan) on june the first to england and going on our way to Wales.
Take also some nice little towns in the Cotswolds. So Eileen is pretty nearby.
I still have to make a list were i wanna go ;-) but this sounds hopefull. So i can see you all in one visit hahahahaha..
and for all it depends on the weather were we finaly go to.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:47 pm 

ooh I'd love to come, if i can convince my mother to drag mckenzie down to matlock :funny: but yep, definatly interested.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:39 pm 

The Art of Natural Dressage Clinic

Saturday 5th and Sunday 6th June 2010
Splash Farm, Leabridge, Nr Matlock, Derbyshire.

Saturday 5th June

• 10.00am Registration and coffee
• 10.30am-1.00pm Josepha Guillaume talks about the AND philosophy.
• 1.00pm-1.30pm Question and answer session
• 1.30pm-2.30pm Buffet lunch.
• 2.30pm-4.00pm Practical lessons, listen and observe.
• 4.00pm-4.30pm Question and answer session
• 4.30pm-5.30pm Meet and greet Splash horses(optional)

Sunday 6th June

• 10.00am Registration and coffee
• 10.30am-1.00pm Practical lessons, listen and observe.
• 1.00pm-1.30pm Question and answer session.
• 1.30pm-2.30pm Buffet lunch.
• 2.30pm-3.30pm ET talks about training their stallion who suffers with PTSD(Post Traumatic Stress Disorder) using the AND philosophy, clicker training and CAT training.
• 3.30pm-4.30pm Equine Reiki
• 4.30pm-5.30pm Closing.

Prices.

• £65 Attend Saturday
• £40 Attend Sunday
• £100 Attend both days.
• £25 Extra charge for those who require a lesson with Josepha.
(lessons on your own horse)

Accommodation.

We have limited accommodation here at Splash Farm, £22.50 per night with provisions to cook own breakfast, discounts may be available. Also accommodation in village. All enquiries to tirnanog2@btinternet.com.

Cherokee Saying

Last edited by ET on Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:17 pm, edited 9 times in total.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 7 Next