The Art of Natural Dressage

Working with the Horse's Initiative
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:37 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:21 pm 

Dani, I also hope that you will be able to write again soon. I'm very curious about what you are going to tell us about the points Volker mentioned in your diary :) !

Ali wrote:
I suppose my post seem more chaotic than everyone else's is because I have control over my posts , so can always improve - But this is not such a good habit , as I would never finish writing one thing ... Actually the most helpful think more me would be for everyone to promise they would tell me if I was being annoying - or random , or chaotic - instead of being polite and thinking it in their heads - So often I cannot decide whether social politeness is a good thing or a very annoying bad thing ....

I think everyone has his/her own writing style and I like this because I have the feeling that it tells me a little bit about the person behind the words and stories. I can understand almost everything you write (at least I think so 8) ) and if not we can ask. So it may be a little more chaotic than someone else's style or may not. Anyway, I like your writing and I don't think you're annoying at all, quite the contrary! :kiss:
Often I don't know what to think about social politeness as well. But it is easy as long as I'm doing the things that are seen as "polite" wholeheartedly. For example, I try not to say "Thank you" just because you have to do so but because I really feel thankful and want to show it. Within the last year being polite changed into thinking positive more and more. And for me thinking positive leads automatically to being more polite and even more than just that.

I don't write as much as I want in here just because a lack of time and because it still takes sooooo long for me to write a post. But now I'm trying to do it more often because it makes so much fun to share my thoughts with you and to read your responses because it is so different than what I experience in school for example. It fascinates me how you all go into detail when thinking about horses and yourself, that you do not just scratch at the surface. That is why I love reading your diaries. I'm feeling very much at home here :friends: .

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:29 am 

Quote:
I'm feeling very much at home here :friends: .

Same with me... :friends:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:57 pm 
Site Admin

Dani, what have you done to the forum??? :ieks: :ieks: :ieks: :clap: :bounce:

I think it hasn't been as active as that for several years... and so self-sustaining. :love: I have to admit that sometimes I was also a bit relieved that the forum wasn't as active anymore as in the distant past (when we had 200 posts a day), because I was wondering how I should possibly manage to react to every question or problem or impulse for discussion and make sure that nobody feels neglected, while still getting some things done at work. But now this isn't even necessary, because you all are so great and posting such nice and thoughtful replies and I feel like everyone is taking care of each other and helping so much. I even feel a bit lazy and unemployed. :green:

Therefore, I just wanted to say a big THANK YOU to all of you, and to Dani in particular for having triggered this!

:kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:42 am 

Yeah I am very astonished myself and very happy about it.
How great. There are so many wonderful conversations everywhere. I just love it.
Please don't feel unemployed though. ... :D
:kiss:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:09 pm 

Ha, Ali was mentioning her late entry to the topic... watch me beat ya at it 8)

The reasons I may not be super active are plenty. I too don't like the shallow "Wow, nice! *Nothing-to-add-but-just-wanted-to-reply*". But on the other hand, long posts can backfire in regards to post count - because, at least for me, it requires me to read every post thoroughly, remember which points to bring up in my own reply. Like this very moment; I read the posts and thought "oh, I need to quote Volker on this, Anat on this, Yogini and Ali on this!", remember what I wanted to say about each line, and then it suddenly turns into a lot of work! :funny:

Other times, I, like Ali (and probably others as well - I just don't remember) simply don't have anything to add.
I think we all enjoy feedback. Just knowing that we are not just writing into a 'black hole', and that there are actually receivers. That is quite the deadlock, isn't it? :roll:

My personal reasons for writing in my log, is because I have had major issues with my horses. Felt very lost. I finally found help here, and more than proving what "we can do" (because it really isn't much) I think it is more about showing all of YOU that that your suggestions and inputs actually have an effect on our relationship (that is, that between my horses and I).

I also have to admit though, I don't read other people's diaries as much as I feel I should. :blush:
#FindingMyselfThinkingIProbablyOnlyTouched30%ofAllThePointsIWantedTo