The Art of Natural Dressage

Working with the Horse's Initiative
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:57 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:06 pm 
Site Admin

In Belgium near the Dutch border it is now possible to take a two years instructor's course in The Natural Academic Riding Art and Natural Dressage.

All info can be found here:

http://www.taonara.com/index.php?option ... 84&lang=nl

Best regards,

Josepha

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:30 pm 

Wonderful Josepha!!!! Good luck with ALL of it. WOW!! :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:40 am 
Site Admin

Thanks Karen :)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:12 pm 

That is a wonderful idea, Josepha! :applause:
I ran the webpage through the Google translator to read it and it sounds very well thought out with very interesting learning content. If I was anywhere near your place, I´d definitely consider such a course.
I really like how you try to get it acknowledged by insurances and the state :thumleft:. Here in Austria the FENA (FEI) has a monopoly on all horse-related education. Don´t know how it is in the Benelux countries, but here it´s high time that someone established a recognised education that presents a real alternative to the very traditional thinking of the FENA. I will see your advance as a first stepping stone in the direction that will lead us to a lot of such alternative and recognised qualifications :yes:.

I wish you all the best with it and lots of applications!
Please keep us updated on how it all works out...

The horse owes us nothing.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:23 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks, appreciate the support! :)

Well, I am not even going to try and change the old establishments... Just build a new one.
They ignore us and we ignore them, suits me fine :)

Shall try to keep updates here, but I have little time left for AND... But well, nothing to do about it really. My days are filled with horses so I am not going to complain :)

Should you be interested in a micro course over there at where you are, let me know :)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:29 am 

Josepha wrote:
Well, I am not even going to try and change the old establishments... Just build a new one.
They ignore us and we ignore them, suits me fine :)
"They" have proven to be not very much interested in changing their established ways of horse training. I agree that building an alternative is the logical thing to do. All the more it´s a bold step! And I really hope you, or anyone who tries a similar thing, succeeds :thumleft:.

Josepha wrote:
Should you be interested in a micro course over there at where you are, let me know :)
Oh I´m very interested, but I don´t know if I can arrange it.
What could a "micro course" look like? And (last but not least ;)) how much would it cost?

As I see it, Austria is in dire need of an alternative spark (and I mean some AND style sparkling, not the tarnished NH stuff ;)). I´d like to do something in that direction, but I´ve only just begun to feel the potential of liberty work myself. And I don´t know many people here yet, that are doing AND. I´ll have to reach out my antennae a bit more :).

The horse owes us nothing.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:47 pm 
Site Admin

Hi :)

Maybe Romy is closer to you for a clinic? I am not sure. she gives a killer body language course :yes: 8)

But if more interested in Natural Riding Art and the Gymnasium we can always chat about that via email. I can not say a standard price, depend on my costs and how many course takers there would be. A micro course would be that we shall have one or two theory seminars and several practical lessons over at least 2 or 3 days. :)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:10 pm 
Site Admin

Happy to report that we have 6 instructors now, and maybe we can add 1 or 2 (who are thinking about it still), which would be lovely!
www.equus-universalis.info