The Art of Natural Dressage

Working with the Horse's Initiative
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:24 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 12:44 pm 

So I have been thinking a lot recently about thinking about 'what I want to be when I grow up' a bit late being already 20 I know!. But since my time with Navara and recent other rescues that I have helped out and gained trust from I have been thinking about broadening my views, technique and methods a lot and have been thinking of doings some clinics, courses etc in behaviour, body language, natural and intelligent horsemanship etc. And hopefully in the future it will help me and Navara and maybe in the very distant future to help others and their horses, it's always been a dream I have had since my mother started doing it from a young age and I was bought up in the same way. Only thing is im clueless about where I would begin, how much it would cost and if there are any places like that in Dorset. I have been to a few Kelly marks demonstrations etc. But never any hands on learning courses or weekends which is something I would love to do.

Any thoughts, opinions, knowlege know how, or websites are appreciated maybe some of you are thinking the similar things, or are already successful because of this. I really want to try it

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 9:48 pm 

First, I just couldn't resist responding to this:
Quote:
So I have been thinking a lot recently about thinking about 'what I want to be when I grow up' a bit late being already 20 I know!.

If it makes you feel any better I'm 46 and still trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up. Or even if I'm willing to grow up! :funny:

Second, here are some thoughts for you about trainers' work you might explore:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3136

You might also like this intro to Carolyn Resnick's work:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2123

The podcast that Karen mentions is marvelous, by the way.

A place to start, at least!

Best,
Leigh

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 10:19 pm 

Tehe I never want to grow up, but people keep commenting that im still very 'childish' by not having something in my head that I would like to do. :)

Never grow up :) stay youthful and exciting :)

Ahh you are a very knowlegable and useful person :) So many exciting links etc recently. Thank youuu!

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 1:18 pm 

haha working with horses cost only a lot of money, you wont earn almost nothing. Unless you get a brainwave like Parelli did :D
But you get a lot of love back. You can survive with less when you love horses ;)