The Art of Natural Dressage

Working with the Horse's Initiative
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:42 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: New business!!!
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 11:03 am 

Well it looks like my lifestyle is changing....
I suppose it's about time. :funny:

Please look at my new website and all feedback welcome!

http://equinelibertylearning.weebly.com/

Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. - John Lennon

Post subject: Re: New business!!!
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 10:16 am 

Congrats, Annette!
:applause: :applause: :applause:

Best,
Leigh

PS: I think the website looks lovely -- one note that's a personal thing for me -- I'd love to see a little bit about who you are -- it's one of the first things I always look for on a website -- who are the people involved? Some of it's about experience, training, biography in a resume kind of way, and some of it is just trying to get a sense of what makes that person tick. I bought my first Cook's BB after reading his delightfully funny and self-effacing piece on his training as a vet in England -- it was so charming and real I felt I could trust the guy.

But most importantly, congrats and good luck on your new venture!
:giveflower:

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 2:28 pm 

Congratulations from me too! :applause:
I really hope this will change your world, the one of your students and above all, of so many horses in your area!
Lots of succes!

I agree with Leigh, that it will appeal to the right people to contact you when they feel the same emotions/steps/growing etc.

:love:

AnneMarie

------
You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make'em drink...

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 9:22 pm 

Thanks guys for the feedback.

Leigh....you make me laugh out loud. I so know I need to do this but copped out with the facebook link!!!
How do you write a profile on yourself? It either sounds big headed or if you tone it down it sounds like you have no idea what you are doing....finding that balance. To be honest I haven't had the time/level of brain focus to do it yet.....
I will I promise.....and I do agree...it is also the first thing I want to know....."who is this" behind the site.

I haven't lost sleep over it as it's mainly just a free site for the locals to check out. I've been here 15 years and have watched most of the kids grow up, they have done pony club in the old days with me as well as sharing camps with my son etc, so they all know who I am. I was not for one minute expecting to go worldwide on a serious basis!!!! lol I don't even think it comes up on a search engine....well maybe on page 4000!!!

My main goal was to let everyone locally know that I am available to teach as I am often asked and always say no. So it was easier to link a page to facebook. I can see it's working as I am getting friend requests from friends of friends that are all horse owners.

I don't think I will be doing anything any time soon....the weather is howling wind and rain....so in the meantime I continue to box for clients....

Thanks both of you for the cheers and claps......at least I can feel I am doing something towards kinder horsemanship....

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 9:44 pm 

Bio's are a bitch, no doubt.

I think a great way to start might be to share your story of how you got to this philosophy -- what experiences, horses, people, ideas, etc. have you run across that brought you to where you are?

That way you can make casual reference to the "when I started working with horses X years ago" etc. and "when I studied with Xenophon" ;) in the context of your horses and your learning to share where you are on the continuum of your journey with horses. Heck, you could even talk about what some of your goals are, too -- so you're talking about lifetime learning...

That way people can get a sense that you do have experience (and aren't a warm fuzzy new age horse lady who decided one day she was a horse whisperer...at least in the US there are a lot more of those than you'd think...), but also don't have to feel like you've brushed off your cornet and are blowing your own praises too loudly... :funny:

Hope this is helpful!
:f:
Leigh

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 5:00 am 

Congratulations from me, too. :applause: :applause: :applause: I'm looking forward to reading more of your blog. :)
Birgit

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 3:09 pm 

:funny: Don't forget to mention "when I studied with Josepha Guillame ..." and link to her site if you want to avoid a lot of explanations that she has already done ;)

Words that soak into your ears are whispered...not yelled. Anon

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 4:46 pm 

Naughty Glen....you didn't look at my links page! Where do you think the first link goes to????? :funny:

I still can't actually believe I am doing this.......I'll just have to remember to look lke I actually know what I'm doing....lol......good job the horses are clever and will cover my tracks. :yes: :applause:

All comments noted and when my head is gathered I'll try and do the "about me" page.

Ah....the blog....

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 4:48 pm 

Oh sherbet.....neglectful me....a thousand apologies josepha :blush: ....I should have linked your site....but of course I linked AND. :D
Will do it right now!!!
Ax

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 5:00 pm 

Phew....now I feel better...... :whew:

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 6:59 pm 

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :lol: :blonde:

??? Me ??? Of course I looked at your page first. ???

;) OK, what's going on here ??? First you make a comment in Leigh's diary that makes it sound like I have never ever before fed hay to my horses and it's a new thing that they get it now, and today you say I didn't look at your page ??? So what's coming at me tomorrow ??? Do I need to be concerned ???

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Ah, I can't laugh this much - it stops me breathing.

:love: :funny: :funny: :funny: You crack me up, you know that? :f: I am so glad that other people get frazzled just like I do ...

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 7:49 pm 

It looks a very nice site. :yes:
I hope it go be fun, you can growing in it and that you can help people and horses.
:f: :applause: :yes: :applause: :f:

Something like that is a still dream of me, but more with donkeys, cows and other animals.

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 8:20 pm 

Oh Glen, you are the last person I would want to upset and I am so sorry. :blush: :ieks:
I can see why you would have taken offense and I was ignorant to how that might have read.

I didn't for one minute mean it the way you percieved it......
Quote:
Glen, I am sooo happy to hear your horses are getting hay now...... (I don't want to know what it's costing you in your part of the world though!!! )

I know last year there was no hay to be had where you were and we were experiencing the same issues here. I remember having a conversation with you about it as I was stressed I was having to feed bagged chaff because I couldn't get any hay. So what I meant by this was I was glad they were getting it because you could get it, availability wise (hence the price comment), not that you had just decided to feed it or that NOW you were only feeding it, but I can see where I didin't think to expand......I am sorry if I caused offence and see how it may have read to everyone else here.
Are we good? :friends:

As for the link....I thought surely she saw the first link to AND....the reason I now have this site.....not making the connection with Josepha's site......... ;)
I'm glad you are laughing and not cursing at me....... :funny:

It's been a hectic month and my brain is all over the place...hence why I haven't done the "about me" bit....not sure what I might write...by accident!!! :roll:

Bloem, thanks for the pretty encouragement .....

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 10:36 pm 

Well, I was under the impression from what you wrote that Glen has never fed her horses anything...

:lol: ;)

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 12:52 am 

You twit - of course I know what you intended to say and I also know you didn't mean what you did say and I did guess you were referring to it being winter now so there are hay shortages and actually I think the whole thing has very little to do with my perception but rather it is a matter of context and word order and grammar getting all tangled up into alphabet soup which is something like this sentence only much shorter and anyway even though I know I think I understand what you think you said I have to say that what you think you meant to say was not what I thought I understood when I read what you wrote.

Hmmm ... that didn't come out right either. Let me see now ...

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :^)

This is kinda fun - can you beat my sentence/paragraph/blurt? Anyone? :muscle:

Leigh, ;) :funny: of course I don't ever feed my horses. I can't. It would be an unconscionable breach of natural horsemanship. After all, wild horses don't need to be fed by mere humans so why would my horses need food from me? Or farrier work, or dentistry, or any kind of health care?
"All we need is love ... dah dah dah dah dah ... all we need is love. Love. Love is all we need. Love is all we need." (sic The Beatles)