The Art of Natural Dressage

Working with the Horse's Initiative
It is currently Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:49 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:12 am 

Hey all:

About six weeks ago I took a rather spectacular header off of Stardust. I'm healing from a variety of insults to my poor, misused body, and most are coming back pretty well.

But...I've got a large hematoma on my upper thigh/hip where I hit the ground.

It's dumb and owie and I can't sleep on my left side and that's making me cranky...and I look like I'm sporting one saddle bag...I want it to go away!

I'm doing heat, light massage and a compression bandage when I think of it (hard to keep on when I'm moving around), and have even tried cabbage leaves a couple of times. I'm also taking arnica orally and using an arnica/MSM cream.

I've been wandering the internet tonight trying to see if there were any body therapies, etc. that might be helpful and while I've seen some possibilities, I've not seen anything with a big red arrow pointing at it saying DO THIS AND THE ICKY HEMATOMA WILL GO AWAAAAAAY.

And then it occurred to me -- there are a bunch of healers here in AND land. :idea:

Anyone have any brilliant suggestions for hematoma banishment? Earn enormous karmic brownie points! Undying gratitude! Relative AND fame! Virtual cake! :^: Or a :beer: or a :d: or nice cuppa :coffee: if you'd prefer. And in any case, :cheer: and :giveflower: and :kiss:

8)
Thanks!
Leigh

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:42 pm 

Turmeric, inside to help all of you and in a paste outside to help that as well. Also Bentonite or Kaolin clay, horses eat it to coat the gut, but kaolin has been a horse cupboard staple for longer than I remember. Even though it might look like a face pack, horses have hair where you want to poultice, except in their hooves and it does wash out. Witch hazel is another brilliant product along with arnica for dispersing bruises and allowing the heomatoma to lessen.
Turmeric, honestly, try it for 3 months and if you don't feel all round better, then at least you gave it a go.
Love, hugs and no pats on the head, although that hat was useful, and you will find a way to cover a clay and turmeric paste on your hip and thigh, Bridget Jones undies under your nightdress?.
Susie xx

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:54 pm 
Site Admin

Green clay powder, works like a charme :)
Just make a paste out of it and smere it on.

Get well sooooooon!!! :kiss:

Also lots of chamomille tea.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:18 pm 

Oh, thank you Susie and Josepha!

I knew I could count on you!

I will try all of your suggestions. I'm on my second cup of chamomile tea of the day already...need to get the poultice action together.

Susie -- how much turmeric should I be eating? (I like it in food but not in everything...)

Thank you!!!!!!!
:kiss:

Leigh
PS: Snorting giggles about Bridget Jones undies...maybe Mrs. Slocumbe knickers??? (I am a serious Are You Being Served addict...) :funny: :funny: :funny: I'm so glamorous I can hardly stand myself! :funny:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:29 am 

Leigh, you look nothing like Mrs. Slocombe, not even if photographed with a pussycat.
To get better....requires a lot less than 80 hours at work each week, lots more pony time and more AND forum time, then you would keep up, breathe and live more.
See this topic:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2946

The lovely man who is the manager at the local garage is approaching retirement, has a few health problems, so rather than tell him to take turmeric I asked him to do an internet search using turmeric clinical; turmeric medical; turmeric research etc.
I can only say, it works for me and there are so many papers and articles published, the only reason more citizen's do not take it daily is because big chemical/pharmeceutical companies cannot get a patent and doctor's do not get paid by people raiding the garden, hedgerows, food suppliers for their medicines.
Susie xx

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:00 am 

Sorry, pasted in wrong topic.
Added lots of information for searches in Turmeric/Curcumin.
All I can say is make up your own mind, there is tons of information out there, with no downside as occurs with prescription medicines damaging the liver etc, it truly does work wonders for me, I would love everyone in the world to benefit.
Having a single thing to take daily that works in 70+ different ways because of it's unique atomic chain , is so much nicer than popping pills.
Susie xx

Last edited by PiePony on Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:03 am 

Leigh, bless you, our damn bodies, there just not on our side sometimes, mind you, I also find now I'm older that I take ages to heal, cuts and bruises fine, but more serious knocks do seem to linger with me.

Lots of good advice here, these guys are clever, I do know that Rosehips are also a very good antinflamitory. You know, my daughter had a nasty fall once, not off a horse, my hubby, (who's not reknown for his childsafety skills !!!!) in his wisdom, hung a rope and tyre swing in our garden from an old tree, the only problem was that our garden was on a big hill, so when she was swinging away from the tree and the swing was at it's highest point with the hill dropping away, you were about 20 foot off the ground. Well, you guessed it, the rope he used was old, she was only 9yrs old, and at the highest point, she screamed to me while I was gardening, 'mum, look at me', that split second, the rope broke, and my poor girl crashed to the ground :ieks:

Well, it was awful, broken arm, and severly bruised, the doctor said from that height it could of been alot worse, but exactly like you, she had that big lump on her hip/thigh, it took for ever to go, I only put arnica on it, but it didn't do alot, and now at 19 yrs,you can still see a slight lump, don't worry though, hardly that noticable, but you know how fussy young girls are over their bums!! I wish we'd had all this advice then, it may of cleared up better. let us know which one works best. :f: :f:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:48 pm 

o jeee i have no advise...sorry but hope you will be fine soon