The Art of Natural Dressage

Working with the Horse's Initiative
It is currently Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:26 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 6:25 pm 

Since everyone was so supportive, I thought the final figure for the anti-bullfighting signatures might be of interest:

180.169 :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

- more than three times the number required in the allotted time. The signatures will now be given in, in batches, and a debate in the Catalan Autonomous Parliament will follow: Don't uncross those fingers just yet!
Rita

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 6:30 pm 

:yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :love:

Words that soak into your ears are whispered...not yelled. Anon

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 11:07 pm 

What a wonderful thing. To know that so many share this same humane and respectful perspective.

When I was a kid I would go hunting, sometimes for many days in a row, and not seeing any edible game that I hunted for my family, I did not shoot anything at all, of course.

Around me the adults in my life, and even my friends, would question me, and want to know why I didn't shoot "something," and I never could find an answer. Only that I would not kill for killing sake. Later in life I still occasionally hunted for the food. And only once did I succumb to shooting for a trophy. I've never forgotten the shame I felt over that.

And that was 1967, over 40 years ago.

Donald

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:34 am 

More congratulations to the Spanish Animal Rights groups - they mobilized voting for the current "Cultural Patrimony" citations - a global thing, apparently, this year Spain's turn to choose 10 cultural events which would be declared part of the cultural patrimony :rambo: - the running of the bulls in Pamplona put in for it, also the round-up of semi feral horses in (?) Galicia - a nasty free-for-all.
The list has just been published, and the bulls came 14th, the horse round-up 11th (phew!), so neither is in the top ten :cheers:
Of course, if either of these events had been declared cultural patrimony, it would have become much harder to get rid of them on welfare grounds, so more power to those who organised the voting - just a question of sending e-mails to everyone interested. Shows what we can do if we try! :thumright:
Rita

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:19 pm 
Site Admin

I know, I've seen it many times before! :cheers:

And I am sooooo happy!
this is only the start!

Don Jamie deposited his first EUR 75,- to the Anti Bullfight committee two weeks ago.
Whenever 150 copies of bitless without trouble is sold, he shall deposit EUR 75,- to them.

So all the hard work he has done on me now serves multi purposes, for horses, bulls and people :)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:16 pm 

:cheers: :applause: :kiss:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:17 pm 

pff I see it's been long since I was here last otherwise I could have signed aswell.
I hope it works and they completely stop it :)
poor bulls:(

But I´m happy there is some positivity on the horizon.
What is it gonna mean in the end?

Love,

Helene

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:24 am 

Here's a letter in (slightly dodgy) English;

Dear sirs,

We had a record of the celebration that takes place in Tordesillas during the first half of September, called Toro de Vega, in which hundreds of people on foot and horseback harass a bull to death with lances.

We get in touch with you in order to convey the displeasure that this fact leads us as members of a society sensitive to abuse and animal suffering.

In our country we have laws on animal protection that would make it impossible to give this kind of celebration, as it not only hurts the animals but degrades the image of the society that allows it.

That is why we have asked them to reconsider the conclusion of this celebration.

As they continue to hold, we will introduce to tourists the town of Tordesillas' practices as part of the shame that means for Europe to continue to maintain such murderous traditions, typical of other centuries.

Sincerely,

Name:
City:

- produced by Anima Naturalis to send to the Town Hall of Tordesillas where, this year as every year, the horrible slaughter of the Bull of Tordesillas will take place - the victim is already picked out. If anyone would like to send this letter in - or any version they like, the address is:

informacion012@jcyl.es; oficinadeturismodevalladolid@jcyl.es; turismo@tordesillas.net; garherca@jcyl.es

More information on the Animanaturalis website (in Spanish).
Rita

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:06 pm 

The campaign is in its final stretch - all fingers crossed!

Incidentally, Armani is designing bullfighting costumes: if there's a protest, I'll put it up. I thought people might like to know in case they wish to avoid products designed by this firm.

Rita

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:29 pm 
Site Admin

Armani? :ieks: Ralph's favorite brand... well not anymore, I presume.
I shall tell him so he can write a letter.

What a disgrace for this firm. :evil:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:43 pm 

The debate will be in the Catalan parliament around the 17th/18th of this month - fingers crossed, toes, everything! :pray: :pray: :pray:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:55 pm 
Site Admin

candles will be burning!!!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:11 pm 

AND THE FIRST VOTE HAS BEEN FOR THE BULLS!!!!!!!!!

- there's still a long way to go, but this is a great step forward!

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :f: :f: :f: :f: :rambo: :rambo: :rambo:
Rita

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:28 pm 
Site Admin

Oh my Gosh! my heart is skipping a beat!!!

And what will happen now???!!!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:34 pm 

Now the law can be proposed to the Catalan parliament, and can be passed - or not - into law. That'll be around May or June 2010. The votes were 77 for taking the next step against 59, so there's still a few doubters around. Economic issues are at stake, of course, and "tradition", but also national identities - bullfighting is the "national fiesta" of Spain, so votes for and against are also votes for and against national identity - some Catalans wish to distance themselves as much as possible from Spain, others in parliament may belong to parties which draw much support from other regions and therefore don't wish to alienate Spanish opinion.......so much at stake, and at the end of the day, the poor animals...........Everyone's interests before theirs. But still, we're euphoric and it really is a great thing that's happened today!
Rita