The Art of Natural Dressage

Working with the Horse's Initiative
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:54 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:34 pm 

Hello,

Since I (as a first year artstudent) like to get myself into pretty strange projects I sort of need help :blush:

Introduction
My project is about technology and nature, that nature finds its way into technology more nowadays (think about cd's that have sounds of nature to let you sleep and an alarmclock that starts waking you up half hour earlier by making your room lighter every minute like sun coming up) but also technology into nature. The last one of course especially in our pets, what we have to treat them.

assignment
So I'm going to be over the top about electronics and animals.

execution (as we call it)
I have my guinea pig on film while I'm walking behind it with the controller of a videogame like I'm controlling it that way.
I have myself 'playing wii' with the goats in the zoo.

your help involved?:
I wanted to have myself with the remote controller on my horse riding bareback and bridleless. But my horse isn't really fit for riding yet so I can't do it myself.
Now: I have seen you guys riding bareback and without a bridle...

QUESTION
Is someone able to get it filmed that their riding their horse "with a remote controller"? (preferably before sunday 15th of march)?

Would really mean a lot to me, for sure the material will only be used by me, on the day of demonstration and won't be given to anyone else.
And mught be nice to know too: the people that are gonna judge it, are only gonna judge me (not you or the way you handle your horses, so no angry looks your way, only my way).

A very big thanks to all of you! :thumleft:
No hoping someone will be able to help :pray:

Hope this is the right place to leave this and in case that it's not allowed to ask things like this on this forum (which I kind of would understand) I'm really sorry :blush:

Kind regards

Kirsten

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:31 pm 

What a hoot, Kirsten!

Sorry I can't help you -- we're only doing really baby steps with this and I'm laid up with a sore mouth this weekend post getting a wisdom tooth out...

But I hope somebody will jump in and volunteer some footage for you!

I want to see you playing wii with your goats!

:D

Leigh

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:35 pm 

Leigh - When I saw the words" sore mouth" I just envisioned a bit in your mouth (or whatever I envision you looking like anyway, which is very nice)... you should treat yourself to a bitless/bridleless life, too ;)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:45 am 

Hi Kirsten,

You're art project sounds like fun and you have some great ideas!. I haven't ridden in 6 months and am not able to download my video footage to pc and save so i am no use!

Hope your presentation goes well.

Fiona

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:48 pm 

I'm lucky, got another week to do the horse part (right now I have pictures of my guineapigs being charged with electricity and my rabbit... some movie with my horse... but not sure I'm gonna use it)

So next week, I will be able to do it myself, maybe just in walk so no trot (her breaks are gone, we only found our gas she's a bit over excited)

Thanks for the response, always good to hear someone approving your project, at school it's jsut business with hard criticism lately :sad:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:05 pm 

annaliese wrote:
Leigh - When I saw the words" sore mouth" I just envisioned a bit in your mouth (or whatever I envision you looking like anyway, which is very nice)... you should treat yourself to a bitless/bridleless life, too ;)

:funny: :funny: :funny: :funny:

Just a life past what feels like almost daily dental work -- I think I'm doing some horrible karmic payback and I bit someone to death in a former life...
:hap:
:funny: :funny: :funny:

But a bitless bridle would be lovely, too!
:D

Leigh

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:00 pm 

Everybody bitless/bridleless (yes... I see a new artproject coming as soon as I have some spare time in about 4 years maybe)