The Art of Natural Dressage

Working with the Horse's Initiative
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:30 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:40 pm 
Site Admin

Horses.nl is the website of the three largest Dutch horse magazines, and they allow everybody who wants to to have a blog over there.

As it's a very traditional website that's 90% about equine sport and especially dressage competitions, I was a bit hesitant to post a blog article over there about doing AND, aiming for collection without tack. Talk about the Lions Den...

After mentally struggling with it for a week, I suddenly remembered Romy, who posted a topic on how she trained AND in a traditional forum a year ago as well, and simply decided to go for it.

I posted a blog entry about the equine welfare and dressage training methods discussion that is now a hot topic in the Netherlands, and how I decided to just choose for my own welfare-solution and start training dressage at liberty. Actually it still was quite scary to wait for the reactions, but I thought that at least I should give it a try. Now already according to the statistics 400 people have read it and it got eight five-star reviews! Of course, the ratings can still go down, 8) but it's nice to see that apparently you can also post about training dressage at liberty in a very traditional horse sports environment and have people actually like it.

For those who can (and want to 8) ) read Dutch:
http://www.horses.nl/blogs/view/501

New horse book: Mandala horses!

Never stop making mistakes! Natural Dressage

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:56 pm 
Site Admin

Great, Miriam!! I am so relieved that things worked better for you than they did for me back then. :)

And so good to hear that there are traditional places where people still react positively to other methods, even if it is not for them. :smile:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:08 pm 

I have to say that you can really write so wonderfully Miriam, I read it and kept going: that's right, thinking, no one can think this is wrong ;) you have a wonderful way of explaining things :)
The great thing is that it is true that people start thinking more about what is right and what is wrong in dressage and that makes people who read it so positive, you just say things and do not judge!

I hope there will not be such negative things as with Romy's post back then, but event then it was good that you made people think...

My horse is a beautiful living sculpture

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:06 am 

The blog is very wel written!

You put your own point of view in just the right way. No hard words to anyone who does it differently and still telling that this was the right thing to do for you and why it was.

Just: "Jeej!" :thumleft: Not much more to say than how wonderful it is that more people liked it equally even in the 'traditional sports'. Great way to show them an other way without a big discussion about what is good and what is right.

Thanks, for putting it there

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:32 am 
Site Admin

Absoluut de top!!! :applause: :applause: :applause: :green:

euh I mean Fantastic!!!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:24 pm 
Site Admin

OW WOOOOOWWWW :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: so wel written!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :f: :kiss:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:27 pm 

:D I understood about 60 or 70 % of that - I agree. So well written! I think it is so cool that you try to put a message out there, that will hopefully plant a seed which matures into relief for one or more horses.

:giveflower: :cheer:

Words that soak into your ears are whispered...not yelled. Anon