The Art of Natural Dressage

Working with the Horse's Initiative
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:18 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:36 am 

Alaskas governer, Sarah Palin is still pushing the bill to aerial kill wolves and bears in Alaska. This is barbaric and hideous, even more hideous that this woman is paying money for each wolf foreleg handed in. This is insane in this day and age and she must be stopped.

http://www.eyeonpalin.org/news/press_re ... 020209.php

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:08 am 

Annie,
Thanks for posting this. We need to spread the info on this. It has been underreported in the media in the US.
Sarah Palin has been defeated before. :yes: :D

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:55 pm 
Site Admin

Well good thing that we have Obama :applause: :green:

I am sure he will sort animal welfare out as soon as he has the economy and ecology on track 8)

ps: oh yes Annie, can you change the tone about Senator Palin a bit.
You never know how much this is really her doing and if she in the future would buy a horse, want to come to AND and then read this and think: 'oh...' And thus not join.
Then she will perhaps not learn about all animals, including wolfs and how beautiful and lovely they are and start using her power to protect them.... Let us always keep the door open for everyone :yes:

People selden are just evil, mostly simply not educated about certain subjects.

Thanks ever so much! :)

:yes:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:20 pm 

Sorry Josepha, I wouldn't want to offend anyone, even Sarah Palin :blush:

I do hope Obama does something about this, it saddens me so very much. Actions like this belong in another era, in another world...not this one. All human beings need to be responsible for there own actions, we are not children, and as far as animals and the enviroment are concerned, we need to start growing up pretty damn quickly!!

Sorry for anyoffence caused :f: :f:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:31 pm 

This topic brings another problem into focus: Whenever a lot of people are suffering animals suffer even more. The number of abandoned animals for dogs, cats, horses and probably other species too has gone up even more in the US. All the horse rescues are maxed out, so are animal shelters and small animal rescues, feed prices are up, donations are down. I suspect it's the same in other parts of the world. A time to rethink a lot of issues in animal welfare and set priorities.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:35 pm 

Birgit it is the same here too. So many pets including horses have been abandoned with the world financial crisis, which is made worse by the media scaring everyone to death. Things have reached fever pitch. Your right, the more confused the humans get the more the animals suffer. infact all the animal suffering is a huge sign of the human inbalance and detachment with it's own enviroment. I often hope that when things get realy bad it's a sign of a huge change coming. It's like any relationship, things have to get really bad before a shift happens. So I'm sure the shift is coming, infact all the people on this forum show you the shift is happening :D

My horses keep me ever hopeful of the perfect world we oneday will all have.