The Art of Natural Dressage

Working with the Horse's Initiative
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:07 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:36 pm 
Site Admin

Thank you all very much, Claire, Frances, Josepha, Tanja and Elvira!! :) So nice of you. :smile:

I spent this afternoon finishing something that I had wanted to be done for weeks and never managed somehow, but now I decided that it was time to get it ready so that I can start some new ones that are waiting. Anyone knows that little lady? ;)

Haha, and don´t worry if you don´t recognize it, it´s not exactly like I wanted it to be and I was again only a millimeter away from destroying it. So nothing has changed after all. :green:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:34 am 

ohhhh Romy, your artwork is sooooo beautiful!!! :applause: :applause: :applause: i love the one with the foals playing, it is just magnificent!!!! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: these are sellable artworks, they are really wonderful. :love: :love: :love: i am hanging to see more.

it is just amazing to me how many wonderful horse women are also very artistic, wether it is with artwork, music, dance, etc, it just amazes me!!!!

i am so glad that you have shared these pictures with us. i will just keep looking at them every so often, they are heart warming! :love: :love: :f: :f: :f: :f:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:52 am 

I agree these pictures are fantastic. I love all of them. I just showed my daughter your pictures and she loved them, too. I also showed her what you wrote about being tempted to destroy them and how you stop before that happens. She's definitely a perfectionist, having almost destroyed a number of her pictures, so needed to know that she's not alone in having that impulse. :)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:31 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks so much, Jess and Birgit!! :)

jessplum wrote:
i love the one with the foals playing, it is just magnificent!!!! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

That´s funny, it is one of the few drawings that I have not given away yet, so it´s still in my office under a layer of dust. ;) If you mail me your address, I will send it over to Australia. :smile:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:03 pm 

Is that Sunrise? :love:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:15 pm 
Site Admin

Yep! :)

Or at least it was supposed to be her, but I think there is a lot of Titum in it and a lot of other things, too. ;)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:19 pm 

haha for a topic that's titled drawing attempts I find these quite good attempts ;) the first one is so cute :love:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:07 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks so very much, Helene! :)

Well, I don't really like most of my drawings, but with paintings it is even worse: most of them look like pictures painted by children. :blush: :green:
So I have to say that I am quite happy with this one:

Sorry for the bad photo quality, the painting looks a tad better in real life (there you can even see the single hairs ;)), but this picture is a video still, because my camera can't take photos anymore. But I had to film it now because I will give it away soon, it's a present for my 87-year-old step-grand-aunt Eva. I so hope that she will like it. :smile:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:16 pm 

I can only wish I could draw like that when I was a child, or even now haha :D

Great job!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:31 pm 
Site Admin

Thank you, Kirsten!! :kiss:

Here is another one that I did two days ago, this was the reason why I painted the one in my last post, because after having spent about two or three hours on that drawing I still wasn't happy with it and thought I could impossibly give it to someone I like, so I gave up and decided to try painting instead.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:33 am 

Romy, I love this drawing :f:. It's a beautifully-drawn portrait :clap:.
I would definitely give it wall space in my house :yes:.
Would love to see some more examples of your art...... :f:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:58 am 

Hi Romy, amazing! I like all the drawings, but the one of Titum you posted first for me has the most "künstlerische Reife" (don't know how to express in english), this is really high artwork!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:20 am 
Site Admin

Thank you very much, Orange and Franziska! :)

orangehoof wrote:
Romy, I love this drawing :f:. It's a beautifully-drawn portrait :clap:.
I would definitely give it wall space in my house :yes:.

Haha, I guess I should have sent it to you, because Eva put both pictures in a drawer and when I visited her the next time she could not even find them anymore under all the newspapers and things like that.

Here is one I made yesterday - postcard size. Such a pity that I can't get good pictures of them but have to use video stills, because when I make the video with more light there are those nasty reflections on the acrylic paint and when I make it in darkness the contrast and picture details become invisible. Maybe one day I should fix my scanner. :smile:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:44 pm 
Site Admin

Oh I love the cat paintings even better than the horse ones, so beautiful!
But then I am a sucker for cats :love:
And their attidute in your drawings... :applause:

Eva must have really loved her present! :)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:56 pm 
Site Admin

Great that you liked the cat pictures. :) Compared to some of my other pictures I like them too, but still I wish I could paint a bit more like an artist instead of a naive little child. :funny: Another example of that is a CD cover I made for my friend Katrin this weekend - it seems like I just can't paint seriously :blush::

Josepha wrote:
Eva must have really loved her present! :)

Well, it didn't seem so. She said the cats were looking too serious and put them away into a drawer. Her sister and niece say it's useless to give her any presents at all because she's never happy about them anyway. But then they also think it's useless to spend time with her and take care of her emotional wellbeing altogether and I just do not agree. I don't know yet if she really didn't like the pictures or if 15 years of living alone have simply changed her social capabilities, but as long as I am not 100% sure, I won't stop giving little presents to her when I come for visits. :smile:

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next