The Art of Natural Dressage

Working with the Horse's Initiative
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:01 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:17 pm 
Site Admin

Inspired by Machteld's drawings I started a new one some time ago, but had no chance to continue since then. But I am already posting the current state, just in case I will never finish it. ;)

Edit, May 2012: A little further but still not finished... at the moment I think the body still distracts too much from the head, which I will have to change one day.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:43 am 

Glad to hear it's me inspiring you for a change in stead of the other way around :green:

I think your drawing is already lovely in the state it's in, Romy! I like the way it just fades and blends into the background, but I'm curious to see where you will go on from here. The head is beautifully done! I'm awed!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:32 pm 

VERY nice :love:

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 11:45 am 
Site Admin

Thanks Machteld and Inge! :)

The weather is cold and wet today, so Nora and I are sitting inside, drawing pictures. Unfortunately I have no photocamera at the moment, so I can only make video stills that are blurry and make the pictures look very different from what they really look like. But at least you get an idea. :smile:

This is going to become a postcard for a friend

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 1:28 pm 

sooo beautiful

My horse is a beautiful living sculpture

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 5:05 pm 
Site Admin

Thank you, Barbara! :)

And here is the second one for today: Pia's Israeli boyfriend, the big teacher in a tiny package

Anat, I know it doesn't look quite like him, but if you want the picture anyhow, just send me your address. :smile:

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 9:00 pm 
Site Admin

Today I brought my instute's camera home, so I could make a decent picture - although I must say that the blurry version has its benefits as well, because it covers up my tendency to draw too much detail. ;)

Anyway, here is the high resolution version

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 1:05 pm 

OMG!
wohooo!!!
Romy i just now saw your posts, i'm so flattered and also so very happy and that Geronimo was an inspiration to your drawings.
i love it. :clap:
his little-big spirit captured in a beautiful painting.

he is such an inspiration to me, i'm still trying to be a good girl and not do much with my hand (today more X-rey to see if surgery is needed), but i did go to the trimming clinic - just to audit, was extremely interesting and educational but i was glad i didn't bring Geronimo with me, the horse handling that was part of their philosophy was all dominance based (NH). so this was all for the best, as to Geronimo, we went out yesterday for a very long walk and he was such a gentel-pony with me.

thank you so much. i love it, his brown star, the smart eyes, the lips, the fur. whaooo
yes please, do send it to me i'll be so honored to have it in so many ways, this is so generous of you. :kiss: thank you
will it be ok to post my address here?

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 3:43 pm 
Site Admin

Glad that you like it. :)

anat wrote:
will it be ok to post my address here?

Either this or you can send it to me in a PM, if you don't want it to be on public internet.

...now there is only one problem: I wanted to remove all that white space which I did not like at all, so I started darkening the picture a bit. However, after a while I didn't know whether I wanted to complete it and if this would destroy the whole picture, so I stopped midway through. Now it looks like this:

I'd say I just send it to you as it is and when you have it, you can still take a pencil and finish (or a rubber and remove the background again, or cut it out ;)).

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 7:21 pm 

this is beautiful :applause: please dont stop, the contrast brought his face out, i wouldn't dare to touch it, this is both beautiful and emotional for me. i will frame it and put it up in my work room or over at the stalls.
it is lovely to see your painting documented at different stages they are like stories that unfold.

my address:
anat shalev
meged 37st.
p.o.b. 2018
pardes hanna
israel

i wish you can visit us in person one day, :pray:
...maybe some day at the Mediterranean AND meeting or at the first Israeli AND clinic (a woman can dream...) sending endless kisses :kiss:
anat

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 5:07 am 
Site Admin

anat wrote:
i wish you can visit us in person one day, :pray:
...maybe some day at the Mediterranean AND meeting or at the first Israeli AND clinic

Well, Israel isn't as far from me as for example America or Australia, so we can keep this as an option for some day not so far in the future. Please no clinic though, I have nothing to teach that I would take money for.

Here is your picture, I will bring it to the post office tomorrow. :)

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 8:58 am 

whaooo, this IS BEAUTIFUL, :yes: the background adds in a way to the mystical atmosphere, i love the eyes and the way his gaze seems to be inwards, and the lips they look so gentle and relaxed.
thank you Romy, :kiss:
i will send pictures of it framed & hanged.

i do hope you come over and stay with us one day soon. i would love to learn so much from you and i think this would be priceless and surely worth paying for.

will you send us your address too? i want to send back some of our home-made horse treats as a more real (non virtual) way to say thank-you and share some play time with you and your little herd. i hope it will get to you fresh and that the horses will like our "special occasions" treats....

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:53 pm 

I love the dark background in your last one. The first one turned out really nice as well! There's lots of feeling in your drawings. I must say I like them very much!

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 4:30 pm 
Site Admin

A very belated thanks, Anat and Machteld. :)

Inspired by Nora, I also tried a little drawing today. Not finished yet, but Nora wants to go down to the horses now and I don't know yet when I will continue the drawing, so here it is in its the current state.

A little later...

And that's it for today, I will probably continue next weekend

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 8:13 am 

Wow, Romy, great! I think, you have a completely different way to draw (horses) than me, so strong and very expressive. :clap:

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next