The Art of Natural Dressage

Working with the Horse's Initiative
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:34 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Logo for a new website
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 2:25 pm 

Hello,

I got the task to create a logo for a website of someone who creates the kur op muziek (god, really sorry... really bad at translating today... I keep having French words in my head, which is weird... 'cause I hardly speak any :huh: ), well when rider and horse ride on music...

Well, it's been a hard task, but I managed to do something... I just wanted to post something new again, instead of only writing in my own diary, but school (and work) won't give me enough spare time...

So here, in a couple of steps...

1. First idea, which I actually still like more, but wasn't much of a dressage horse :P

2.second with a horse more dressage like

3. Last version, with the 'viool-sleutel' (which is translated in proper English 'the weird thing on the left") to make clear it has something to do with music. And in the colors of the website...

Last edited by KDS on Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 4:13 pm 

KDS wrote:
Hello,

I got the task to create a logo for a website of someone who creates the kur op muziek (god, really sorry... really bad at translating today... I keep having French words in my head, which is weird... 'cause I hardly speak any :huh: ), well when rider and horse ride on music...

Well, it's been a hard task, but I managed to do something... I just wanted to post something new again, instead of only writing in my own diary, but school (and work) won't give me enough spare time...

So here, in a couple of steps...

1. First idea, which I actually still like more, but wasn't much of a dressage horse :P

2.second with a horse more dressage like

3. Last version, with the 'viool-sleutel' (which is translated in proper English 'the weird thing on the left") to make clear it has something to do with music. And in the colors of the website...

In English, the Treble Cleft, or as it's sometimes called the G-Cleft. It identifies which part of the octave (and tonal range of the instrument being written for) is being shown in the staff (the horizontal lines), treble or bass.

The bass cleft is somewhat different in appearance. The full musical staff is actually ten lines, with a space between each set of five. So when only five are shown the cleft, treble or bass, indicates which it is.

In piano, organ, or similarly keyed instruments, such as the accordian, usually the right hand plays treble and the left bass. Though not always for piano and organ.

The design is striking. Oddly enough I've been exploring various Spanish composers for music to give to my two horses, Andalusians.

As a classical guitarist of poor skill myself, I of course want it to be guitar music.

At present my top pick for my horses theme is Asturias (Leyenda) by Isaac Albeniz, my favorite guitarist for this piece being John Williams, though others have equally compelling renditions of the music. It seems to me to have been made for the Spanish Horse. Though it was originally composed for the piano, Albeniz' instrument.

Your logo is a delight to the eye. Personally, of course, I would have used the Spanish Horse as the image ;) :yes: You don't think I'm prejudiced, do you?

Donald

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 6:00 pm 

Thanks, you made me blush :blush:

I as a really poor piano player myself, hardly read any notes... I just try to learn songs by hard. So I know the technical terms in Dutch ('cause I've learned latin and a lot of things concern italian which is to me practically the same) I just never use them, so the tend to get lost in my head (or in French language).

And I wanted to use a spanish horse or at least a nicely collected one, but the person I made it for was more into the 'normal dressage', sometimes you just have to give in on some simple points.

Concerning your prejudicedness... well let's just say your far from the only one 8)

Thanks!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:03 pm 

okay new logo and I some sketches I'd like to show to let you know I'm still busy ;)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:46 am 

And the first propositions I'm going to show to the person I'm making them for...

Hmm, Quite different I must say, but I love drawing horses like this ;)

Tell me what do you think :)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:17 pm 

the third one is nice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:33 am 

I vote for the third one too!!! They are all lovely though!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:36 am 

Thank you!

I like the third one as well, but think that they find it a little 'to difficult or chaotic' so when I improve the first one it might be the one ;)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:00 pm 

The first one is not what i should expect as i read your story, it won't fit in a correct way.

"I got the task to create a logo for a website of someone who creates the kur op muziek"

i think more as playtime or something like that ;)

Last edited by inge on Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:36 pm 

Yes, two different logo's will change the pictures of the first one :)

Kind of confusing i suspect haha :)

it is in fact about playtime and simply having fun :yes:

the others were just me... enjoying to draw haha... the first one does fit best but hmm, I wish I had a reason to use the other ones :roll: