The Art of Natural Dressage

Working with the Horse's Initiative
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:04 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Rachel's sketch
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:09 am 

This is a sketch that my daughter Rachel did this morning. Since she's looked at horses and read a few posts on AND the horses she draws are starting to look more collected. :)

Last edited by Birgit on Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Rachel's sketch
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:24 am 

very very very nice!!!!! :love: :love: :love: :love: i think that Rachel has something that alot of artists work really hard for, i think that she has shwn movement. the picture looks alive and not flat. there is personality and presence in this artwork, and it almost looks as though it could leap off the page. well done :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:33 am 

Thanks Jessy, for your very encouraging response. You should have seen the grin on Rachel's face when she just saw it. :D :D :D :D Should have taken a pic of that, too. :)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:11 am 
Site Admin

Great!! :) I completely agree with Jess about movement and in addition to this I also think that this picture shows an incredible spontaneity. When she draws a line, she just draws a line, so clear and pretty. I have always fumbled back and forth with my pencil without much determination instead - I guess I would love some of Rachel´s talent in this respect. :smile:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:49 am 

Romy,
Thank you so much for you feedback. As I've said to Jessy before, my opinion does not count much for Rachel, because of course being a mom, I tend to love everything she does :D and also I can't draw very well myself so it's great to have more talented people give comments. :f: :f:
I really enjoy all the art on AND, it's a wonderful balance to the serious discussions we have and I sometimes think I learn just as much from it. :)