The Art of Natural Dressage

Working with the Horse's Initiative
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:39 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:45 pm 

Just take a look at this extremely clever ladies driftwood sculptures, her horses are spookily realistic, just look at the horses on the beach :ieks:

I would just love one, only they cost about £55,000 each!!!

http://www.jansch.freeserve.co.uk/

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:14 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Annie,

fantastic horses indeed! We have two topics about Heather Jansch and her driftwood horses:

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=774 and viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1160

Warm Regards,
Romy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:18 pm 

Thanks for that Romy, never realised they were already mentioned, she's not that far from me, so I was thinking of taking a look, Ijust think they are wonderful....ooohh I'd love one in my garden, if I was rich!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:31 pm 
Site Admin

What about making your own? If she lives close to you, maybe you also have access to this kind of wood? And if you get the chance to visit her, you could find out how she is putting the wood pieces together. But GREAT idea to have a wood sculpture in your garden... we have lots of wood on the pasture (although mainly small twigs unfortunately). If I will find the time this winter or next spring, I will certainly make a sculpture, too. Thanks for the idea!! :)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:06 am 
Site Admin

I've thought about that too, making one myself, but when I read an interview with her she told that the horses aren't just made out of wood, but also have a skeleton of steel and a kind of plastic that forms the legs and base, in order to let the entire thing defy gravity. Which is a miracle in itself!

New horse book: Mandala horses!

Never stop making mistakes! Natural Dressage

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:57 am 

Do you know I was walking on the beach last weekend, and I was looking at all this driftwood, and I did think, mmmmm, what could I make with all this, but would I have the time?? Right now, not likely, I did also draw horses and other animals alot, I used to especialy love doing feathers in pencil, ooohh I love birds. Having children, and being so busy with the horses does seem to take this side away from you, though I would love to bring it back.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:39 pm 

A good friend just sent my pictures of the driftwod horses and then I saw that there is already a topic on them here. I just wanted to push it back up to the top for those of you who haven't seen them, enjoy, they are very inspiring. :) :f:

Birgit