The Art of Natural Dressage

Working with the Horse's Initiative
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:36 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:38 am 

Ania - you are giving me such a nervous feeling, even if you are filming the kids and not me..! What should I say?? Can someone else send me what they are going to say to give me some ideas??

I don't even know what to DO?? I have a feeling me and the kids should have practiced something here, but I have no idea for the moment...!! 8) :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:56 am 
Site Admin

Kirsti wrote:
I don't even know what to DO?? I have a feeling me and the kids should have practiced something here, but I have no idea for the moment...!! 8) :lol: :lol:

We have the same thing here. Especially because Dardan doesn´t feel like going out with the horses at the moment, so we can´t practise even if I wanted to. He comes up to the pasture each Sunday, then we clean the pasture, but when I ask him what he wants to do, he always wants to play with me instead of doing something with the horses.

But then I think that the film is meant to show what we are doing with the horses in our every-day-life and not to present some stunning special effects... so I guess if we are going to practise anything, then it will be to just feel safe around the horse and be creative with him and act as normal as possible even if someone is watching and filming.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:13 pm 

Yes, you are of course right - but then I feel we are not really doing anything special... 8)

And something we have to show, kind of - people have to like what they see... I think if Alexander made his movie just with him cleaning the pasture we would not have thaught it was very interesting.. 8) :roll: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:54 pm 

Well... I'll write a more detailed script. Maybe without sending the whole thing to everyone, but only their part. Not that I want to have exactly this, but I think that everyone will feel more safe when we are more concrete, the cameraman too ;)
Also, don't expect any huge crew from Hollywood... :P we are reducing and reducing... for example, we are not taking the lamps (we need sun, I told you 8) ) and probably we will be only two people.
Or three when Renske joins us on the way! :D
Or a huge crowd if everyone joins us on the way! :lol:
Or we find rich sponsors 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:48 am 

This sounds like a wonderful idea, I want to see more of these types of films, I can't wait for 'The Path Of The Horse' documentary to come out, I so long to see humans interacting with horses in such a natural, refreshing, spiritual way. We are starting to realise the potential of true friendship between humans and horses, and maybe one day this could spread to our relationships with other animals, just wonderful, can't wait to see it. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:53 am 

AnnieB wrote:
I can't wait for 'The Path Of The Horse' documentary to come out

Me too, I can't wait to see that documentary. It's going to be great!

www.royalhorsecompany.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:27 am 

oh realy exciting to read all this !

At home the internet doesn't work.
Now I'm at school, but don't have much time to read this forum. Tomorrow we go on a trip with school, so that means monday is the earliest dayt I will be here again :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:31 pm 

@ Ania;
I will write you the text as soon as possible.
Some things about our daily life I can't discribe yet, because our daily life will be very different after some weeks.

A few days ago my home-mates told me they didn't want to continue living together on this farm. They didn't see a future with me in their house, so I have to leave. And Sjors too. Now I'm very buisy looking for a small room in town, where I can put my things and sleep. Not my first choice, a small room, in the middle of a town, but I have to.

I already got some advices of places where I can rent a stable for Sjors. At this time only stables with a lot of horses (enterpris), I hope a private stable will react on my advert..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:41 pm 

I wish you good luck... I know how stressful it is to change stables. Would be great if you could join us in the summer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:09 pm 

Quote:
Now I'm very buisy looking for a small room in town, where I can put my things and sleep. Not my first choice, a small room, in the middle of a town, but I have to.

I wish you all the luck to find something even better than where you were. Things don't happen for nothing. There has to be a reason. You'll find out sooner or later. Don't worry about it.
:sunny:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:17 am 

I've been inactive for a while, but there is something to update also in my diary... although not very happy. We were helping to load one horse to a trailer, in which we almost succeeded, but at the end he was loaded with force, because some guys lost patience for us.
Nevermind.
We will soon start making the trailer for the movie, as Equistyle event will happen soon also :) I'm thinking if we can come there and combine it with that part of our movie making trip. Maybe we could even film some scenes during Equistyle and include them in the movie? I'm not sure if this is allowed. But I remember that in NHE Encyclopaedia there is a part of Parelli's clinic.
So we will make first two trips quite soon :) that's probably Romy and the girl in Poland :cheers:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:20 am 

Gosh, this is so exciting. I can't waith to hear more and to see the result. This is a great quest you started; I hope you have a lot of fun and take care!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:35 am 

I haven't been here for a while but this all sounds really wonderful!
I can't wait to see the actual movie :D !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:00 am 

Thanks, everyone! :D if you could think of some more titles for the movie, would be great. Currently I'm using this one invented by Miriam: 'Natural dressage: Teaching horses to enjoy humans' but more ideas would be welcome ;)
And for the text part - I think that I'll dig through the diaries and the forum to find some wise quotes ;) and then I'll put them here and ask you if they can be used in the movie.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 11:17 am 

I have a new title - "Sclavus saltans" 8) it means "dancing slave".
Although it fits better to the previous movie. Our horses are not slaves anymore. But... who knows? Maybe they are too, like the other horses, because they are not completely free; only their dances are free. In other horses (like dressage horses) even in their "dance" they are not free, but restricted and in pain.
The movie is becoming too metaphysical :lol:
And I was saying in Kirsti's diary that we should not be too serious about ourselves!!! :P

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next