It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:39 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Karim and Gigi
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:40 pm 

Here are two videos from yesterday.

The first one with Karim :love:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1sW5UrpMwE

And the second one with Gigi. Since May she joins our Team :love:
We started with some small tricks and now we are training the spanish walk.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJ74MfcCPd4
My boyfriend made this video - please ignore the seconds where he filmed Karim (or just parts of ihm...) - sorry for this :roll:

Post subject: Re: Karim and Gigi
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 2:05 pm 
Site Admin

The video with Karim is just lovely! It's amazing how far you two have come, but what I love most is your expression and way of asking things. It always seems like you have a clear idea of what you want to do, but you present this as an offer for him to join in, not as a task that he needs to perform. This shows in all your movements, you always seem attentive but never having this sharp and demanding focus on him, and also there is nothing of that "desperate girlfriend expression" in you. You just do your thing, and he is welcome. Makes you two seem so at ease with each other - just wonderful! :love:

Gigi is such a nice addition to your family! I really like the scene where she threatens to kick and you say "hey" but still give her a treat. I guess quite some people would find that incongruent and think that it might be confusing for her (was this good or bad behaviour?), but I don't think so. I think that you did a great yob in telling her that you do not want her to do it in the way she did, but that at the same time it's great of her to try and interact with you. I like your reaction much better than simply not rewarding because it was not perfect, and I think that horses are capable of processing so much more than just one simple "good/not good" message at a time.

Watching your videos really made me happy, and I am looking forward to many more of them! :)

Post subject: Re: Karim and Gigi
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:13 pm 

thank you for sharing
it looks lovely

and it is a good thing to have a boyfriend that is willing to stay there with you and video (good training of the boyfriend ;) )
i think Karim i just a lovely unicorn (well aren't they all...) but i could almost see his Horne at times shining... and you two look lovely together