The Art of Natural Dressage

Working with the Horse's Initiative
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:02 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 354 posts ]  Go to page Previous 120 21 22 23 24 Next
PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:17 pm 
Site Admin

Bacardy has arrived and now after five days it already feels like he belongs here.

Here is a video of his arrival, a video of one of his first walks and a pasture video that shows how he is settling in. :)

Post subject: Re: TitSumPiBa videos
PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:06 pm 
Site Admin

Today I made two videos of Bacardy. In the first one, you can see how we are learning to play carefully. Now that he is discovering wild play with humans, it requires quite some brain work for him to understand that humans can't play like ponies. If it was up to him, he would kick and rear at me and run into me all the time. :funny:

The second one is a short video of Nora and Bacardy horsing around in the pasture.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:14 pm 

The video of Bacardy and you while you were learning to play carefully makes me smile. He is so cute :love: !
And now he becomes a wild horse as you hoped and it seems as a lot of fun for him :applause: !

And Nora, I'm fascinated by the way you play with the horses as well! I wish I would've had the chance to experience this playing instead of the riding lesson I had when I started with horses. It looks so wonderful!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:10 pm 

whats happening a lot last weeks :) so good to see that bacardy is getting accepted in the group. Although one needs some more time to get friends with a new little monster. ;) He is realy cute and learn fast.
I must laugh when i saw him play with the white plastic, i reconise our games too. They will learn so much from these games.
I see in Nora a little Romy. You are doing great! Your body language looks almost the same, ofcourse it is your language but i can see some similar movements between you. And bacardy have learned it very quick.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:08 pm 
Site Admin

Thank you, Anni and Inge! :)

A short video from this morning: Body language experimentation with Bacardy. Unfortunately most of it was too dark so I had to delete it, but I think you are getting an idea of what we are doing. As soon as the ground is less slippery and we can run without destroying the grass, I will post a wild video. :)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:23 pm 

:clap: Very very nice!
Great how precisely Bacardy pays attention to you and how wonderful he reacts to your bodylanguage! Fantastic! :sun:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:01 pm 

Very precise, very nice and no exercise, but following :D .
Such a clever little boy.
Really beautiful.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:57 pm 

Wow what brilliant videos! He has picked everything up so quickly and it looks to me like he feels very confident now that he knows he can read your body language....

What are the neck ropes/lead ropes that you use? They look very good :)

x x

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:03 pm 
Site Admin

Thank you, Lena, Dani and Sunny! :)

SunLily wrote:
What are the neck ropes/lead ropes that you use?

It's a rope for mountain climbers. The children chose it and I like it a lot, because it is very light and soft and nice to handle.

Here is a video of wild little Bacardy playing with Nelly. It was so interesting to watch them together, because Bacardy gets so hyped up with Nelly's way of moving, whereas with Nora and me he is rather calm most of the time now. So great how they adjust to every person. :f:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:33 pm 

This video is sooooooooo funny! Bacardy is so nice by playing with me... :bounce:

I like it very! :love:
Bye, yours nelly

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:57 pm 

Nelly wrote:
:bounce:

Exactly that what he seems to be. :funny:

So great to see both of them. Cute Cola Baby who constantly endevours to keep Nelly off from working and invite her to play with. And his patient aunt who keeps her nerve and manages this balancing act. :cheer:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:28 pm 
Site Admin

A tiny video that shows what the children have been doing with little Baca today: Jumping! :bounce:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:33 pm 

Awww... :love:

Hihi, on the first pic Cola looks like a flying filly who gallops on clouds :funny: ).
On the second by contrast he looks to me like an athlete, strongly and manlikely. 8)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:14 pm 

Haha, so sweet! :love: That last jump in the video looks like that of a little dark gazelle - very graceful! :applause:

The horse owes us nothing.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:45 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks, Lena and Volker! :) Today the little dark gazelle went for a walk in the forest with his grandfather and me. I still cannot believe that this is the same horse that we bought in November. :f:

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 354 posts ]  Go to page Previous 120 21 22 23 24 Next