The Art of Natural Dressage

Working with the Horse's Initiative
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:42 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Tequila & Hercules
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:25 pm 

I'm copying the videos from our diary

not the best videos in matter of angle and distance, my first time with this.... i just left the video cam on the 2nd floor window.
need to find a better place

Hercules

a hot morning, very slow motion, H lakes motivation to move at our start (sooo hot here) - I'm trying not to push him beyond what he is comfortable & happy with (a very sensitive guy and will withdraw and leave when feels the slightest pressure) but i was trying to get us both to be a bit more active.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CParbECUap8

Tequila

in this video T is still not quite right on her R front (and has a hard time with stretch and in some of the trotting), again - i'm trying to feel her and not to do too much.

this is the 4th or 5th time with T and our version of a beginning of long lines, and this was the first time with a more proper lines.. just trying to get the hang of it, very short sessions, mainly to get us both more comfortable with it, i feel i need more help then her.... no stick with me, asking movement with voice/body cues i feel a bit slow and clumsy. but hopefully it will improve with time. i'm using the halter since right now my cordeo has only one ring, i'm trying to keep a big loop in the reins in order not to create any pull on her.

would love advice on that or any other input you feel you can guide us with.

also with both horses a beginning of lie down (6th-7th try)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1P0klxnvgAI