The Art of Natural Dressage

Working with the Horse's Initiative
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:43 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:26 pm 

Nice, you motivate me to try it with my sweety 8)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:31 am 

Really, it's so much fun, I love it when she lowers her head (really... if she could climb stairs I would take her up to my room to use as a vacuumcleaner :funny: ) But you see the relaxtion in her back, she doesn't do that when I'm using a bridle because I'm to controlfreakish :blush: ...
I'm trying to go cold turkey on the control thing and use only cordeo or nothing, and only a bridle when riding outside. I see that less is really more. More fun for the both of us, Ruphina is really clear lately, you control me... I won't hear you, you ask friendly... I'll give it a try, you don't ask anything? I'll show you what I can do! :rambo:

So, all I can say is just to give it a try (I'll try to cut the movie of the riding this evening and load it up during the night... I'm really proud of that so I really want to show)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:39 pm 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Py-k0iC3PSE

riding :D

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:33 pm 

That is SO nice!! And I LOVE the music! What's the name of the song? Artist?

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:27 pm 

Thank you, I'm so proud of my own courage to do this, and Ruphina showing me more and more that listening to her will just be for the best of both of us :D

The band is called omnia (a dutch folk band) the song is called Lugnasadh (if I''m not mistaken) from the album Pagan Folk...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:02 pm 

so we went chasing the tiger
with a wonderful crowd (they came gallopiing once the fun started) she is getting somewhat more enthusiastic, didn't do it that much lately second time in a long while and well... she never really liked it before... times changed I suppose!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pwzn7nN0GDQ

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:34 pm 

I finally got to editing the video I took on the first of january. And once again it is shown, video is so good to have sometimes. I notcied we had some really nice trotting moments (though ardly correct caught on film so I left it out...). We were really synchrone and I can see that I react on a slight leaning backwards, which I was afraid I didn't that Ruphina would be overdoing it to be good, while I should react earlier but I think we can improve it.

And how well I could ask her to lean back before doing the RGOTM, this one is really hard for her, but she is getting better (feet are not really close together yet, but closer then they are normally) so some things to work on, I beieve the snow is really going away now and I cant wait to have some space to do some work.

One question to you guys (once the video is uploaded)... there is this point where she comes running towards me when i turn around, this is no 'attack in the back'? right? she simply sees a chance to get closer to me and takes it but she would have stopped even if I didn't turn around right? It's not really aggressive I think, but I need someone besides me to tell me that I suppose!

wel now the video is exporting and I will start uploading soon as possible!

[edit] here is the link, might take some time processing yet and then I hope the sound and film actually work, cause it happens to do only one of two lately.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jA5XYiy-6qc

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:44 pm 
Site Admin

Nice video, Kirsten!! :)

To me that running towards you scene does not look like an attack but like a very precise reaction to your body movements - but of course I can be wrong.

But what struck me when I watched your video: Ruphina has become beautiful! Her whole expression seems to have changed - you are doing a great, great job with your way of interacting with her! :clap: :clap: :clap:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:11 am 

Thank you Romy :f: yes she is changing in many ways. We have our struggles with Ruphina ONLY wanting to do the backcrunch but we're bui;ding up from there and well.. I think she at least is showing some workwilling and free or own will. I love her opinion and the more I watch the video she is more playfully coming towards me then aggressively attacking, maybe I coul figure out what in my body trigger this reaction and play with it more?

This was one of her 'not so good days' but on her very well days she is becoming a really really impressive horse but her ramener is getting better and better.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:41 pm 

Today I went playing with the tiger, which she simply loves. Once she sees the tiger she is a happy horse haha
And she immediately starts following it in gallop. We got some things on tape, still didn't watch it. But it is a very short session, quite soon one of the children at the stable got riding lessons and I didn't want to interupt with a horse that was beserkingly chasing a plastic back. But I did some slower more conscious circles chasing it that was nice!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bG35FMcwvVA

time to work on my own body posture and language right now :ieks: :blush: :blush: But it is good to see.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:06 pm 
Site Admin

Oh, that is SO cool - such a fierce tiger chaser. She looks like a firebreathing dragon when she goes after it! :funny:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:20 pm 

You guys look like you are both having fun. Yay!!!

Ivy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:48 pm 

Thank you so so much :D
I know :D she is fierce. But... for me a great change. She is also relaxed when the tiger is 'still' and we have our little petting time haha.

I found the thing she loves, she is really biting the thing you see her teeth and there are wholes in the bag after playing with it :ieks: But then again, she is quite respectful towards me during the game. What a pity we couldn't go on, because one of the children was entering the arena and I always feel a bit like a 'obstacle' when Ruphina is bucking and rearin and galopping after a plastic bag (not every horse seems to like it as much as she does haha :funny: )

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:12 pm 

Pictures :cheers: from our adventurous walk outside.

off we go

us

scary dogs (so great that she's looking at them, without running away)

waiting... waiting... begging for treats... in ramener (sort of)

one very scary plastic bag.... not :P

trotting on a path together

still trotting

some horses we met... but... grazing is way more fun if you ask Ruphina :roll:

point!

Last edited by KDS on Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:17 pm 

What a beautiful walk you took. I would love to have a place to walk my horses like this. Just great.
Jocelyne

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next