The Art of Natural Dressage

Working with the Horse's Initiative
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:10 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:43 pm 
Site Admin

What a great video! The filming is fantastic indeed and it´s so amazing how you can walk, run and jump with them like that - if we tried this, we would get entangled in all the ropes. Do you control their positions that precisely or do they choose to walk like that by themselves?

I just loved your video and I will add it to my favourites now so that I can find it again. :)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:21 pm 

Inge, I also love the woods and I´m very happy that we have a lot of beautiful forests here in Sweden.

Romy, thanks for your nice words :) It comes pretty naturally that they follow me and each other like that in the woods but I also tell them how I want them to walk and reward them a lot of course. I feel that we have to have some order and rules to be able to do this walks and often things work much better when they know very clear what I expect from them. But of course it takes som training to be able to control all the ropes ;) I always hold the ropes so it can`t get around my fingers or hand if one horse suddenly step on an other horses rope. I will tell Lennart that you like his filming!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:48 pm 

Erika wrote:
Inge, I also love the woods and I´m very happy that we have a lot of beautiful forests here in Sweden.

I know..i know...we have been there...but the words are "the grass is always greener by the neighbours" ;)
i am riding always in the woods, it is 5 minnits walk. now it haven't rain for 10 days, so it is very dusty and there were now a few little fires in the woods. I passed some fireman. So i turned home before we get in some trouble. The fires are mostly made by human :evil: