The Art of Natural Dressage

Working with the Horse's Initiative
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:21 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:06 am 

Hi every one, I am a equine massage therapist and kinesiologist for both humans and horses. My horse was a very abused school horse. When I finally had the money to buy him at the age of 16 his years of being a school horse and being used with violent training started to show in his body. Vets told me that I had to kill him or put him on butazone an anti-inflammatory that if you use for a very long time it can create ulcers in the stomach. I then found out about equine massage therapy and went and did my studies. My horse made increadable improuvement and now is 26 years old and still very healthy.This is 10 years after being told that my horse had to be put down. There is a lot you can do to help improve your horse well being by treating your horse muscular problems and articulation. After doing my studies in kinesiology mobilisation on the horses articulation can improve their range of motion,help arthritis, improve cervical, dorsal and hip problems as well. Kinesiology and massage therapy can prevent injuries as well as helping them to heel. To many time the tissus doesn't heel properly and when the horse will be put to work the problem will occur again. The rider is also a big part of horse muscular tension. If the rider dosen't have a balance body horses will compensate for the rider unproper posture. Be sure to have a good saddle that fits your horses back and please do not kill your navicular horses I resently saved a 3 years old that wasn't trimed for 6 months and turn out to be navicular. Barefoot triming will help a lot combine with treatments now my 3 year old is sound after only 3 months. If you are interested in clinics or in treatements do not hesitate to contact me. If you also have questions on your horses health and wonder what you can do to help his condition It will be my pleasure to try to help you :D email carolinearchambault@yahoo.ca[/img]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:47 pm 

Caroline wrote:
Hi every one, I am a equine massage therapist and kinesiologist for both humans and horses. carolinearchambault@yahoo.ca

Hi Caroline,

Where are you located?

Donald Redux, in the US Pacific Northwest

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:10 pm 

Hi,

I am located in Quebec city in Canada. When I do clinics on the out side, usually I go there for tree days. The first day we do a clinic on equine massage therapy. The first part is about the anatomy of the horse. Then in the afternoon you learn basic strokes on equine massage therapy and streching. You will also learn the basics of saddle fiting, barefoot triming and homeopathy. The other clinic is for the rider. The first part is also about anatomy and how you can influence your horse. Then in the afternoon I do an evaluation of the rider on there horses to see what needs to be worked in order to acheive better results and comunication with your horses. You will also learn what muscles you needs to sollicitate and those you needs to strech. You will also learn how to strech on your horses because a lot of riders don't take the time on the ground to strech. The third day I usually treat the horse and the rider but that is up to you.

If you have other questions you can write me back at carolinearchambault@yahoo.ca

Have a nice day
Caroline : )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:13 pm 

And why do you live soooo far away...????

I would love to join one of your clinics....

Post subject: Clinics
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:29 pm 

Hi,

Well I am willing to go as far as were people what me to : ) If you think that people in your area would be interested you can gather a group and I could come and give you the clinics. My prices are very reasonable because Ive seen the difference with my horses and with horses that were suposed to be put down so I want to help people to understand more their body as well as their horses.

Have a nice day

Caroline

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:26 am 

Equine massage therapy has been found to improve the disposition of an animal in these types of situations. Equine massage is sometimes the only way to assess the physical condition of your horse. The benefits of Equine Massage and Manipulation Therapy are felt by all horses and ponies but sports horses, in whatever level of competition, can gain great health benefits whilst reducing the risk of injury.