The Art of Natural Dressage

Working with the Horse's Initiative
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:36 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:48 pm 

Hi there... :)

I didn't at all know where to post this, but I think this would be the least wrong place... :P

I write to you now to ask for help.

I have finally, after lots of lots of thinking about my situation, found it best to sell my six months old stallion foal Narwalòce. I wish to ask here first, if there are anyone in this forum who know of anyone (from Norway) who can be the right new owner for Lòce.

Lòce's dam Kira is a Nordlandshest, and his sire Autograf is an Arab. He is red of colour and has a tiny little white star on his forehead. He was born on the 24th of June 2008, the Morning of St. Hans. :)

He is a lively little rascal, but also very calm in most situations and keeps his cool around for instance, dogs and tractors coming through the pasture.

Prize is absolutely not first priority and can be discussed.

I wish to sell him to a place where he can be kept a stallion, which is unfortunately not likely to be an option for me here. I wish to sell him to adult owners who are preferably done with their education, and who can give him a barefoot, bitless home where he can live with other horses.

Contact info:

Anne Bjørg Halse Lervik,
6683 VÃ¥gland,
ab.hl@hotmail.com

If you know of anyone who might be able to offer these things, please let me know or forward this info to them. :)

Lots of love,
Anne

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:43 am 

Hello Anne,
what a beautiful foal.
You have obviously thought really long and hard about having to sell him. Is there no chance you could keep him till he is maybe a year old? Foals need at least to go through the 4 seasons with their dams, to learn all they can from them in a whole year and we tend to wean them far, far to early, a very stressful situation for both of them. In a natural situation, he could be with his dam/herd till 3 or 4 years old. The longer he can be with her, the less problems he will have in the future and if you can wean him gradually, he will have even less stress. If we didnt wean so early we would save ourselves and our horses so many problems.
I hope I havent made a difficult decision worse and wish you the best of luck finding a fantastic home for him when the time comes.
All the best
Colette