The Art of Natural Dressage

Working with the Horse's Initiative
It is currently Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:56 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:12 am 

I found this basic, but clear explanation of what homeopathy is..... anyone got any experiences or ideas to share?

What is Homeopathy?

Homeopathy is a therapeutic system of medicine. It is based on the principle of ‘like cures like’. Which means; that substance which caused the illness, when prepared according to homeopathic principles will in fact cure the illness.

For example – when peeling and cutting up an onion, we generally experience streaming and tearing from the eyes. Allium Cepa (red onion) when used in a homeopathic preparation will cure streaming, tearing and burning of the eyes in illnesses such as colds, flu and hay fever. WOW!! It is simple!

Let’s compare the human body to that of a car, and a symptom like knee pain to that of the oil light on the dash board. When the oil light on the dash board comes on we fix the problem by topping up with oil, and the light goes off, keeping the engine in balance and healthy. We don’t cut the cord between the light and the engine to turn the light off (out of sight out of mind)! So then why do cut the cord between the symptom (knee pain) and the problem by taking pain killers, anti-inflammatory, beta blockers, anti-depressants, sleeping tablets etc.., all of which are “cutting the cord”.

Homeopathy “tops up” the body, bringing it back into balance, so that it is able to heal it self and once again experience optimum health.

It just makes common sense.!! Doesn’t it?

©2007 natural-health.co.za - all rights reserved

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:18 pm 

i use homeopathic stuff also. And yes with good results.
I prefer this kind of "medicine" upon others, i know that it is not always posible ofcourse. But you can help yourself of animals a lot with these drops.
I use for example drainage compositum, clear up the whole system for my ponys once a year in the spring.
The only thing is if you wanna have quick results than it doen't work. It works slowly ;)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:16 pm 

Hi Janet,
Personally I love homeopathy. I use it with my mare a fair amount. There are different schools of thought on how it should be used. Classical homeopaths use one remedie at a time, then there are those who use combanation remedies. This can be called Homotoxicology. The idea is to clear toxins from the bodie to restore health.

I have used both methods and find them equally effective. Currently my mare is being treated for IR with a combo homeopathic remedy and is doing wonderfully on it.
Recently I have been reading alot about Vaccines, and Nosodes ( these are in some peoples minds homeopathic vaccines). It is quite the complicated issue, but It has also been very fascinating. Modern homeopaths believe you can give these proactivly to your horses to protect them from disease while the classical homeopaths feel they sould not be given this way. I have litteraly 40 articles printed off and sitting in front of me right now on the subject. :study: Its alot of reading. :)
My reccomandation would be to try to find a good homeopathic vet and consult with them if you are really interested in using homeopathy for your animals.
If you have any specific questions I would be happy to share what I have been learning, if I am able.

Leah

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:38 am 

Thanks so much. It is just that I am very interested in alternate therapies and do use a lot of herbs and also crystals. I have a hands-on healer and communicator for my horses and am looking at tissue salts and homeopathic remedies as well, yet I find so many people are anti them and I really don't understand why, especially when they haven't even tried them - hence my asking for input from people with experience of these things - not just "oh I don't believe in them" or "they are useless" (which I get all the time elsewhere!!)

I think the greatest gift you can give your horse is to approach everything with an open mind, use what works and put away what doesn't, but don't discard it, it may be the answer with the next horse!
:cheers:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:24 pm 

Quote:
I think the greatest gift you can give your horse is to approach everything with an open mind, use what works and put away what doesn't, but don't discard it, it may be the answer with the next horse!

Love that, Janet! Wonderful!

:)
Leigh

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:05 am 

Thanks Leigh. As I am inclined to rescue hopeless cases, and each is a horse in their own right, this is the voice of experience....it is often a long and difficult, but mighty rewarding journey!
My toolbox of ideas and fixes grows daily! :) (and I love it - have a new boy arriving on Saturday)