The Art of Natural Dressage

Working with the Horse's Initiative
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:45 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:12 am 
Site Admin

http://www.animalcommunicators.net/EthikCode.htm

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:45 pm 

Sounds like a good code of conduct to me. It is a big responsibility deciding what is appropriate to say to someone in order to help and empower them at the same time. It is not as simple as it seems. Well done for finding this Josepha!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:04 pm 
Site Admin

Karen found it :)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:20 pm 

Well done Karen! :thumleft:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:10 pm 
Site Admin

I also thought it was great Karen found it, it's exactly how I know good animal communicators handle their gift as well.

Quote:
We go only where we are asked to help, so that others are receptive and we truly can help. We respect the feelings and ideas of others and work for interspecies understanding, not pitting one side against another but walking with compassion for all. We acknowledge the things that we cannot change and continue where our work can be most effective.

We respect the privacy of people and animal companions we work with, and honor their desire for confidentiality.

While doing our best to help, we allow others their own dignity and help them to help their animal companions. We cultivate understanding and ability in others, rather than dependence on our ability. We offer people ways to be involved in understanding and growth with their fellow beings of other species.

I think that the above points are so very essential to handling the ability of communicating telepathically in a correct way.

Many people who start training their telepathic abilities really have to learn to use this way of communication - instead of being used by it. They really need to learn to open and close that channel in order to stay mentally healthy and not be mentally and emotionally taken over by everything they see around them. It's actually just like every child who learns to use his normal ;) senses: just because we can see, hear, smell, talk and feel, doesn't mean we're 100% aware of everything around us all the time. We would get insane! Instead, we learn to focus and that's what saves us from a constant data overload and helps us see the things we want to see clearer.

Penelope Smith, who wrote this Code, also wrote quite a few books on the subject of Animal Telepathy that are very interesting to read.

New horse book: Mandala horses!

Never stop making mistakes! Natural Dressage

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:48 pm 

Interesting reading and a very good code of ethics I think.

When someone asks you to talk to their animal it is a very personal thing...and you should respect that. Everything has to be handled carefully and gently....even if you are brilliant at animal communication if you have no people skills you will not be looked upon kindly.

I once had an animal communicator out to talk to my mare and despite the fact that everything she said was spot on (when I look back at what she said) she had no people skills....she ended up making me feel like a complete failure, like I wasn't fit to own horses and i was the lowest scum on earth....not the way to go about getting people to listen to your advice I fear. I spent a long time getting over that visit and I very nearly gave up horses completely thanks to her.....that is no way to do things in my opinion, would have been kinder to explain things gently and suggest ways to solve the problems rather than diving in head first and telling me I was the reason my horse had so many problems. (I wasn't, I was slowly helping her...but not helping fast enough according to this lady)

Anyway....back to the original topic....bravo for finding it and I agree with what is written, very well worded.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:01 pm 

Many healers could do with reading the ethics also. Much like you celtictotem I was told by a healer that I didn't have to relate everything back to my horses and shouldn't be relying on them when people were better able to help. She got an image of a mother and child and an umbilical cord between them. She took it to mean I was over dependent on my horses. I was so upset by it all...how could I be so wrong to believe that they were so important in my life, if they weren't? It sent me into a potentially disastrous tail spin as they were all that was keeping me going. I later learnt that she was so wrong about me. I needed horses as I couldn't feel safe around people while I didn't have good psychic protection in place. The image was meant to be one of protection and support- I was the child being cared for and helped to grow by the horses, not a parasite draining them. So it is a massive responsibility to ensure that people are empowered by this special thing not made to feel inadequate, I am so careful now to do that when I am healing horses and people. We are lucky we were able to realise what was important in spite of it.

Miriam- I have read one of Penelope Smith's books...very interesting, I found it a bit "far out" in places, but it taught me that animals could be far more conscious than we think.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:35 pm 

Natalie wrote:
Miriam- I have read one of Penelope Smith's books...very interesting, I found it a bit "far out" in places, but it taught me that animals could be far more conscious than we think.

Hey Natalie could you give me the names of those books. I am highly interested and with my bday coming up i could leave some hints ;)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:23 pm 

Helene if you look up Penelope Smith on Amazon, she has several books listed, though I have only read one so far. I think the one I read was "When Animals Speak"?? It had a lion on the cover. The other one I really like is by Amelia Kincade "Straight From The Horses Mouth" which is more practical if you want pointers on how. :)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:59 am 

Years after this topic is posted my vision on it.... It is very good to have an ethic code when communicating with animals.

Not everything that you hear or see as an animal communicator is meant to be told. Also the way you express what the animal tells you is to be handled with care. No greater damage can be done with interpreting the information told or shown the wrong way.

I also find it not ethical to just open up and pick up "things" where ever I am. If you have the abbilities to communicate with animals or other paranormal abbilities you have to use it with care and only when asked for. And with agreement of the animal you communicate with. You don't snoop around in the wardrobes of someone you visit, it's the same with communication on a telepathic level... Don't snoop around ;)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:51 pm 

I fully sign this, Birgit and appreciated your clarifications / oppinion.
Thanks.